Forum Posts

Found a page selling violently racist items

Hi all, I stumbled across a page and found some very disturbing items for sale. There are multiple shirts/sweaters with different kinds of designs that praise Kyle Rittenhouse, a man who shot and murdered two Black Lives Matter protesters, gravely in...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

What is behind all the Canadian hating on eBay?

I almost fell into a serious trap, purchasing a Casio watch from a "top rated seller". The price for the watch was acceptable, and I nearly finalized the transaction, but fortunately, caught the outrageous shipping at the last moment. In this case, t...

• 27 replies
  • 5 helpful

New Ebay international shipping (replacing global shipping program) have killed all deals on ebay

Since new ''Ebay international shipping'' replaced ''global shipping program'', shipping prices have drastically raised and duties/taxes are now unknown since they are charged at delivery (the charges will be way higher then the included duties/taxes...

bought new plates that are flawed

I bought a set of 4 Royal Stafford Christmas plates from US to Canada. As soon as I got them I checked them out of course. It was like these plates were seconds. Of course they all had the dimples on the back that were made by the pin it sits on when...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Mystery Box delivered to me from Intelcom

Today I had a box delivered to me from Intelcom. I hadn't ordered anything (from anywhere) recently but I opened it as it was addressed to me out of curiosity. It contained a DVD set and a book. There was no packing slip or anything else enclosed.The...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! eBay refusing to refund me on an item

Due to financial hardships, I decided I couldn't keep the item and started a return.They sent me a label and a deadline by which I had to ship it back to the seller.I've explained to them countless times I have to pay $140+ in import charges just to ...

Why are we Canadian shoppers being charged so much money in supposedly shipping fees

Good morning to All, My name is Walter Punde, and I am from Canada, this complaint is a big big sore thumb to me. Why are we Canadian shoppers being charged so much money (sometimes twice or more the value of the item we want to buy); in supposedly s...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay International Shipping Scumbaggery at it's finest

Thought bout getting a 3.5 hp outboard motor made in China from a seller in California. Price was $346 CAD. Put in my Canadian postal code for shipping. Rubbed my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and it was $1399 CAD. Adding fees ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Charger for samsung A54G 5

Hello all I got a Samsung A54 here and has a C to C charger cord and no adapter what can I use to plug it into the wall thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't leave feedback on cancelled order?

Heard this situation so many times and i think i got tricked with this dishonest pratice for the first time. I bought something at very good price and seller cancelled saying there was a problem with my adress and shipping cost. I thought he was hone...

I paid no taxes, no shipping?

Bought something for $275 and listing had $15 shipping. I bought now. I went to payment and it was flat $275. Payment proceed and it's awaiting shipment. Is there some sort of promotion? I did not got charged neither for shipping or taxes. I bought a...

my address

Hi I live in Canada,and I want to buy an item from a seller in the US,and have it shipped to my friend who also is in the US. How can I do that?? Thanks Russell

Hidden purchases not staying hidden

I recently logged on and all the 2023 purchases that I have hidden showed up. There is no way to rehide them. Is this a common problem or is is unique to my computer.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bidding problems

I am having trouble bidding, as soon as I make it bid, it says my bid was out bidded secs later. VERY Weird

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking number in global shipping

I bought several items from eBay in the past 2-3 weeks. The majority are coming from outside of Canada via GSP.I'm signed up for Canada Post shipment notifications and it looks like one of the packages is coming today. But the CP tracking number does...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Uni uni courier delivering for International shipping!

Is this old news?Evey other time in the past, it’s been Canada Post.I just bought a book from a US seller. It’s arriving early- great!Not great. Asendia is using the last mile courier, UNI UNI to deliver my package and my stomach is in knots. My expe...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified

Hello , Today I found Information on eBay , and USPS that my Order was Out for Delivery , at 9:14am knock on door 3 times and return to Sender ? I was cleaning snow at this time , no one came ,no footsteps . The previous scan shows arrived at Post Of...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item going missing at shipping hub

My items keep disappearing at the shipping hub, in the last two in a half months the shipping hub has lost two of my purchases and my third purchase shipping hub would not export my third item, I could not imagine why my purchase of Lionel train trac...

• 39 replies
  • 0 helpful

Reasonable time to wait for seller to ship item

Hi there! I'm brand new to buying on eBay and I am all but certain that I am a little bit privilidged from 1 day shipping from big online retailers. I purchased a Macbook from the US on Friday and now its Monday and the seller hasn't sent the item ou...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Another Global Shipping Problem

Global leaves a lot to be desired .Extra Charges / Longer WaitsNow the tracking does not update . Item has been in transit for 14 days with no update . I encourage USA sellers to ship directly to Canada . I no longer will buy from sellers using Globa...

Interesting Changes Coming to eIS

Combined shipping on the way, as well as the ability to list additional shipping methods. Of course, there are questions. . .https://community.ebay.com/t5/2023-Fall-Seller-Update/New-updates-that-make-it-easy-to-ship-internationally/m-p/34011869

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Sneakers Authenticator delays?

Hi, Been reading everywhere that it usually takes 2 business days for shoes to be authenticated. Now, it's been 8 days and eBay has opened up a ticket saying the shoes might be lost. Any ideas what is going on? Any stories on stolen goods at the Auth...

Double shipping charged

I purchased a car cover for my old classic. I asked about a storage bag from the same company as it wasn't listed. The company supplied a link and I purchased it only to realize I was charged shipping for both despite being told the car cover will sh...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping Program UK to Canada

There is a real problem with the GSP from UK to Canada. I collect antique clocks. Antique clocks are duty free to Canada but tax of 13% is still applied. EVERY antique clock on eBay UK that uses GSP charges at least 25% and frequently much more for "...