Forum Posts

Resolved! Unreliable shipping notice

Hi Everyone, Hope you are having a good long winter. As I was suspecting, the shipping notice that I receive by email from eBay (your item is being shipped) and also showing up against a purchase item (this item was shipped) is not reliable. The reas...

Beware of users that promise to resend items and then never deliver.

I tried to buy an item from a user from China who was selling a silcon tablet sleeve. The item wasn't delivered in the time advertised so I contacted the seller. He promised to resend saying that they were experiencing trouble with the post at their ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Seller Full Refund, GSP Refund 50%?

An item I ordered from the UK was not as described.The seller provided a full refund, but my Pitney Bowes refund was only around half what I paid to them.Is this normal? If not, who should I follow up with? I appreciate any thoughts you might be able...

Bought fake Tiffany

Hi, First of all, I am not sure if I chose the right Board for this discussion. If not, I apologize. My issue is: I bought a Tiffany necklace 2 weeks ago. It was fake. I contacted the seller and she agreed the refund and sent me a return label. I the...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why can't we track Global shipping when we have paid for service?

I have a package purchased from ebay and there is no way to tell where it is! It spent 7 days being handled by ebay and now it has fallen off the map and has missed the delivery date as shown on mu ebay account. Very, very frustrating! The first trac...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Finding out who global shipping is sent with

In Vancouver, Canada and recently ordered a pair of boots from the UK. I believe the seller used global shipping to send it to me.A delivery was attempted and apparently failed on the 28th. According to the tracking info it was shipping with somethin...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Please Help - Want to buy Unlocked iPhone XR A2108

Hi,I'm pretty new to eBay and only intend to buy stuff I need. Trying to make my first purchase if you understand what I mean. I intend to buy an unlocked iPhone XR model from Hong Kong (Singapore) and have the seller ship it to me here in Canada. An...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

What is the ebay telephone support contact number? The drop down options do not work for my issue.

I need to call Ebay Canada Support and they seem to have completely removed the phone number from the website, an instead force you down an options path that goes nowhere. It doesn't list my item purchase as an option to report from either I bought 2...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Returning Item not as described purchased through GSP, do I get Import Charges back?

Hello, So I've recently purchased a game console bundle that came with the wrong console. I was going to initiate a return (after contacting the seller) however I'm reading conflicting posts on whether I am eligible to get money back on import charge...

C $74.89 for 3 bags of chips?

Today, I stumbled on a U.S. seller who sold 3 bags of chips for C $41.93 plus C $32.96 shipping to Canada! It makes me wonder if transactions like these are legitimate. My first thought was that it could be some kind of money laundering scheme. As I ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Did not Receive full shipment.

I purchased 2 cans of carburetor cleaner but when the package came it only contained one can. I sent the seller several messages over 3 days that were all ignored. I then opened a case with EBay who immediately dismissed it because the shipper said I...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Payment still pending. Service unavailable.

What is the problem today ? I try to buy something but eBay says "order services temporary out of service or order URL is not valid. Now, I have 3 times the same object in my Ebay and I can't pay anyone. I will loose the item if I can't pay because t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vacation Rentals

What kind of buyer protection is offered for lodging/vacation rentals? Example: Orlando Vacation Rentals

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do you make a unreceived item claim if the estimated arrival date is later than ebay's time limi

Can someone give me a quick summary on how unreceived item claims work now? I am a bit out of the loop on the reporting system. At the beginning of December, I bought an item #392172332392, and the estimated arrival time was Fri, Dec 21 - Thu, Feb 07...

Resolved! Report a seller for not giving the item bought or the money back on something bought 7 months ago

I have no idea who I'm supposed to contact at ebay to get my issue solved. I've looked all over the stupid website for an email address, chat, or phone number and nothing comes up when I put in my issue. I looked up how to email ebay and this came up...

Buyers Beware?

Well, heads up people. When ordering overseas, it can take longer then 30 days to receive your item. If it is not what you ordered, or you don't receive it at all, it's past the 30 day EBay buyer guarantee and you are screwed. Thats right, no help fr...

Whats going on with EBAY

Getting really tired of EBAY's lack of proper policing and the planned difficulty in coordinating solutions for issues. As a private buyer I frequent many sales sites but you seem to have sellers lieing on the posts by showing pics that arent the sam...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay becoming too expensive

Used to be you could get a bargain on ebay as a buyer and now with the global shipping taxes and duties its no longer the case...As a seller now ebay takes its 10 percent fee plus paypal fees too we have to raise our prices in order to cover expenses...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 3 helpful

Seeing USD and even EUR in Canada Only Searches

I'm not at my computer right now but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this where you search for something and you select Canada Only, but some of the listings show in USD or even EUR.If you look at the listings it shows the location as Canada, a...

Shipped from wrong country (Import charges), Seller no longer registered and can't see listing.

Hello, I received a Door tag from Fedex today for what I assume is the order I made last week.The order was from a "no longer registered on ebay" seller that showed to be in New Brunswick. However, on the Door tag there is an import charge since it s...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Search results with no filters

Went to do some daily eBay searches and got this new search page where there's no options to filter on the left hand side. Just my recently viewed items. Anybody else seen this? How do I get back to the older search results page.

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Targeted: NUDGE code for $5 CAD off purchases of $5.01+

HUGE YMMV. I didn't get this on my main account but I got it on my spare account that I rarely use. So I bought something with it lol. This $5 coupon is on us!* Use code NUDGECheckout by 2/28. Min. purchase of $5.01 *Terms & Conditions The Coupon wil...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Received fake item; not as described.

I recently purchased a set of "Brand New" Bose QC35 headphones for around $300USD. The seller disclosed the seal on the packaging had been broken but didn't say anything else. Alright then, Fast forward to today, where I receive a FedEx shipping box ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

First time user and skeptical about using Ebay in near future

I purchased several item last year from EBAY coming for China starting in October. Did not have any issues for the majority but 4-5 items I purchased I am questioning the way EBAY handles things. When I purchased the items - the prices were amazing a...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

E Bay bucks

Sign up and then you get $10.00 and then they take it back! Very very tacky. I want E Bay bucks off my account. I really never want to hear about them again. It's just another form of malware. No retailer plays dumb games. Imagine if Canadian Tire sa...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful