Forum Posts

Come back, Global Shipping... all is forgiven.

They say to be careful what you wish for. Well, time to eat humble pie. I was a voluble critic of Global Shipping's mysterious "import charges" and of course the apparent nonsense of shipping an item twice, first to Erlanger, Kentucky, and then to wh...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 26 replies
  • 5 helpful

Ebay international shipping

In regards to Ebay's International Shipping to Canada, I can say I'm not impressed. I have a seller in Florida whom I have dealt with on numerous occasions. They are fantastic. I recently made a repeat purchase of an item from the seller. The first t...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Is it possible to sue eBay in small claim court?

Long story short, I have a recent order that involves Global Shipping Program. The seller refunded the order because it was out of stock, but the Global Shipping Program fees, including shipping, and customs charges were not refunded. I filled an "it...

• 22 replies
  • 2 helpful

eBay Canada started illegally charging taxes on precious metals of purity 999.

Starting July 1, 2022. eBay Canada started illegally charging taxes on precious metals of purity 999 (Platinum, Gold, Silver) on the buyers side.This is illegal, per the Canadian law there should be no taxes on precious metals of 999 purity.I think l...

• 17 replies
  • 2 helpful

FAKE tracking provided. How?

I recently had a scam order where the "overseas" shipping put in a tracking number, it show progress IN Ebay tracking, but it turned out to be fake. How is it possible that scammers are able to show tracking progress in Ebay itself? Ebay I assume con...

Complaint about global shipping program

I am very very unhappy with eBay and the global shipping program. I bought a small item from the United States on November 4th. I am in Canada. The item moved normally within tracking until it cleared customs. Then it sat for over 20 days. Nothing. N...

• 16 replies
  • 4 helpful

Canadian buying from USA, charged state tax??

So I bought a bunch of items from a US seller to note my invoice now has sales tax added to it. My shipping address is in Canada. I've bought from this seller many times before and this is the first time there is a sales tax on the invoice. Is this a...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can Seller change the shipping cost to Canada?

I'm interested in an item that is currently 5.99 cdn shipping from USA. The shipping cost is listed at 44.00 cdn! I contacted the seller and he had no Idea the shipping cost was so high. He said it would probably change. I don't understand. Once I bu...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Refunds ?

I purchased a baseball card, well, at least I thought I did. At the very end of subject line it was written "digital card". I didn't notice that, nor have I ever even heard of something like that. Seller also wrote something like that in the item des...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal and US funds

Got this email today. Sellers cannot directly accept Paypal, but buyers can still use it.This is another situation.Starting soon, all of your transactions will be automatically converted into USDHere's what you need to know and how to make a changeWe...

Sales tax mass confusion

Sorry, but I'm not comfortable just assuming eBay is collecting the correct amount of tax for items I sell or buy. How can I double check their math? Can invoices override or adjust from eBay default settings? Again, I'm Looking at this as both buyer...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can't use Paypal to pay anymore?!

I'm trying to make a purchase and the Paypal option that's normally there for me to select is completely gone! I tested ordering other stuff from other sellers and it's the same. There's no Paypal option anymore in checkout. Am I missing something?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't Leave feedback, what gives?

I purchased something last week and wanted to leave feedback and I can't. No wonder buyers don't leave feedback, they can't. The leave feedback is greyed. Have you experienced this, should I call ebay? This really bugs me, it is hard enough to get fe...

feedback not.jpg

Ebay FORCES Me to Pay CP Import Charge and Return Shipping to Get a Refund!

The item I bought from Ebay has delivery by Canada Post when I was not home. CP left me a notice stating they're holding my item as well as there's an amount of fee due for the item. I believe it's for import charges, which was I was totally not expe...

Buying on ebay and the time it takes to receive your item?

I am a longstanding ebay member so I am familiar with the current buyers tracking and waiting times. For example since I live in Canada if I buy something originating in the USA, - on recent buys it took 30 days to receive my purchase. I frequently u...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Should i be concerned?

Hey folks! Should I be concerned about this tracking line?Item hasn't moved in several days...In Canada Post Website...it says waiting for item?Is this just normal action. Thanks in advance to all those that help in response.Jake

Shipment received, Package Acceptance pending

Asendia # EEUS002305142CA0I'm confused and a little perturbed by this tracking info.I've ordered an item from an american seller. When I go to Canada Post, the info says "waiting for item" and item has been mailed from originating country, USA....but...

Ebay's New Canadian Sales Tax is a scam

The only people who should be charging tax on used goods in Canada are businesses. If people are selling their used goods, they are not required to charge tax. The only exception is automobiles. A private sale of an automobile requires tax before you...

• 83 replies
  • 38 helpful

Shipping Costs Prevent Me From Buying.

There are so many items I am interested in bidding or buying, but when I see the shipping cost I am immediately out of my budget. 30 or 50 Canadian dollars to ship a small item is ridiculous. I used to enjoy shopping on ebay for various collectibles....

• 14 replies
  • 1 helpful

Change in shipping destination mid-auction

I'm a buyer and for the last month or more I've encountered an issue with shipping settings (I think) during an auction. Here's the situation: I see an item of interest and the listing shows it ships to Canada (and shows the estimated cost). I bid wi...

Duty, Tax and other charges from FEDEX

Just purchased shoes ($100 USD) from a seller in the US who has free shipping to Canada. Item have been authenticated and is being shipped to Canada. However, I have received an automated phone call from FEDEX advising that I need to pay duty, tax an...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful