Forum Posts

Item is late but seems to be on its way... maybe?

Hi there, Ordered an item from a seller in the US on March 26. The seller shipped the item on the same day, and it was supposed to be delivered on April 11 at the latest (I'm in the Toronto area). I decided to not ask for a refund just yet since the ...

Resolved! Item stuck at ebay shipping hub Carol Stream Illinois

Hello. I am in Canada and purchased item from US seller in mid-March. According to tracking, it got to the ebay shipping hub. Now two weeks passed and It STILL is there!! No change in status. I cannot reach anyone on ebay in person. Always directed t...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller accepted offer on items, but is now showing on vacation when I attempt to contact.

I saw a few items from a buyer that I liked and decided to send offers on them. The seller accepted two of the offers, and declined for a third item. I still wanted this third item, and the sellers page mentioned combined shipping, so I requested a t...

Resolved! Order stuck in Glendale Heights, IL - no updates with little time left

Hey,I live in Toronto and I bought a medal end of January that arrived at the shipping Center in Illinois on Feb 5th. Since then, I have seen no updates whatsoever - the tracking shown is the same one that was used when the item was shipped to the Ce...

Resolved! Shipping listed as EMS but seller used DHL instead

I live in Canada and purchase from international sellers quite often. I know that courier services like DHL, UPS, and FedEx charge ridiculously high "brokerage fees, " so I only buy from sellers using EMS or regular mail. I don't care much about item...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item stuck at Chicago hub - Should I be worried?

Purchased an item from eBay on March 27. It was shipped the same day via eBay International Shipping from California. It arrived at the Chicago hub on March 29. Haven't received any updates since then... From my understanding of the process, I am sup...

PayPal issue

Wondering if anyone has had this problem. Lately I've had some bad luck with a couple sellers and shipping, now I have a PayPal issue. Seems like things happen in three's for me.For the last month now, whenever a seller issues me a refund because the...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! USPS delivered my package to some guy in the US?

So I got something shipping from the US to Canada, latest update was just a few minutes ago. USPS texted me saying that someone in Glendale Heights, Illinois picked up my package from the post office. Is this right?? How could they have messed up tha...

• 100 replies
  • 7 helpful

Resolved! Return from checkout page to shopping cart

As a Canadian buyer, if I am interested in an item (few hundreds $$$) from an American seller (eBay International Shipping) if I place this item in my shopping cart, and I go to checkout page to review all the shipping options, taxes and customs fees...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Asendia / UniUni are HORRIBLE for Canadians buying in the US! Solution in the text.

Asendia / UniUni are HORRIBLE for Canadians buying in the US! First of all, the tracking number provided in ebay doesn't work unless you go here https://a1.asendiausa.com/tracking/ Then you get another tracking number. That's right. This company work...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Incorrect item sent by seller

So I bought a sports card off a seller in Canada. The posted picture is of the exact card I wanted. The worded description below it, has an item # and a word. It arrived, but it's a completely different card from the picture. It's a cheaper card and ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why ebay does nothing against counterfeits?

I'm buying trading cards and see on regular basis expensive cards that are actually fakes but listed as authentic. I try to report them but i never seen a single time a listing being removed Sometimes i contact sellers giving them benefit of doubts, ...

Promo coupon - terms and condition not respected

It says in terms and condition that we can use 1 coupon per account but they do not allow us. I used the coupon for trading cards on one account, worked. Then i made a purchase on my second account, an account where my last order is one month ago (10...

Capture2 - Copy.PNG Capture - Copy (3).PNG

Best payment method on eBay?

Haven't purchased anything from eBay in over 10 years. Is PayPal still the best method to use when purchasing items off eBay? Do you just get extra protections using PayPal as a payment method on eBay? Is it fine to use credit card on eBay as well?

Tracking and Order Completion

Why is the tracking SO TERRIBLE for items coming from India? I purchased three products, all from different sellers. They all arrived but the quality of the tracking was poor and months after items were delivered they still show Shipped and not deliv...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay duties on Swiss Watches are horribly wrong

Preface: Ive bought numerous swiss made watches (new or old and from authorized dealers) for years now. Decided to check eBay for a Marathon Made Watch (Made in Switzerland) What is this duty rate? It's 5% for Switzerland to Canada on Watch imports.D...

duty_ebay.png

On returns, eBay does not refund imports costs

Just a heads up that when a Canadian buyer purchases an item from a USA seller, and the seller uses eBay shipping, if the item is returned because it is not as described, the buyer gets stuck with the duty, Canadian taxes and Canada Post handling fee...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyers who have purchased from sellers using EIS - Did Canada Post deliver your package?

A seller in the US has a Canadian buyer having a problem making a purchase from them and it may be because the buyer is using a P.O. Box. That made me wonder if eBay has always used Canada Post for deliveries to Canada or if they also using other met...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Recall message from ebay

Purchased sunglasses for the eclipse and i just received this message. Is this legit or just a bot action? Sunglasses looks like official sunglasses. But i'm not expert. This is strange and stressful. Seller already shipped. What i'm supposed to do  

Capture.PNG

Is This a Valid EMS China Post Tracking Number?

I bought something from China on Nov 2nd thinking it was coming from the US. When I discovered this, i panicked because i don't typically spend more than $10 (this order was $70). Seller seems okay, but I'm worried I've been scammed.After 3 days, I d...

Specifying USPS - Actual Shipping DHL (E-Commerce?)

Regarding the question in the discussion selecting USPS shipping but in turn a seller switching to DHL. See discussion from dot com attached. The post references something called DHL Intergalactic Mail. They also have an E-Commerce shipping service. ...

Order details screen - shipping address is for the Glendale Heights hub. Anyone had this?

Have an order that says delivered to the height in Glendale Heights, IL on March 1st. No update since, no new tracking #. I checked the order details screen again tonight, and the shipping address is eIS C/O My Name, Glendale Heights Hub address in I...

Be a Player Memorabilia

Looking for Montreal Canadiens memorabilia cards like this. Does anyone have any like these to sell? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/404802334314

Seller not respecting agreement

Curious about what others think about this weird situation Contacted a seller about an item in auction where he had tracking shipping $15. I knew it could be shipped lettermail for $3-4 as it fits. Seller told me that he would ship lettermail and adj...

scammer

Please be advised that the above seller is a scammer. I purchased two G.I. Joe figures off of him. When my package arrived, only one of the figures was in the box. The box look like someone had cut it open and then re-taped it shut so the seller said...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian seller using USPS

I'm confused. I always avoid buying anything from the USA or overseas over $100 Canadian to avoid taxes and Duties. I bought an item from a seller in Quebec, Canada, their location is set to a city in Quebec. I live in B.C. I purchased the item... Th...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global shipping program

Purchased an item on the 25 January Seller uses global shipping program Item purchased from seller in USA destination Canada I paid the taxes etc up front USPS tracking states it was picked up on January 26 What I though odd is the seller is in Houst...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping Program

I have tried to get sellers in the US to ship without the Glogal Shipping Program and most that I have come across will not. This program is horrible for Canadians because it is far more slower and much more costly. Almost all the items that I am int...

• 14 replies
  • 1 helpful