cannot contact seller

highon9
Community Member

I am looking to purchase something but It says I cannot e-mail or contact the seller.  Should I be worried and shy away from this purchase?  I'm a bit hesitant because I cannot ask questions

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: cannot contact seller

I have had that happen In the past also. Some you could contact & some you could not.

The reason, I had recieved on the boards, was the seller did not ship to Canada so I could not Contact Them using the shipping option.

Of course that was years ago & there could be a myriad of other reasons for this happening today.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What happens when you try to send a message? Some sellers set it up so that people can't send them messages at all..I wouldn't buy from a seller like that. Or, they could block messages sent by buyers in countries that they don't ship to. Do they ship to Canada?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

For whatever reason it might be happening.....if you can't ask your questions needed before purchasing - I would definitely move on.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always believe that if any one cannot reply for whatever reasons, they are not worth dealing with them in the first place and wouldn't trust them.  Just go on and find the other sellers with more informaiton and that can reply.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

They're just Canadian haters, no problems, just click the back button!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I am a new seller on ebay.ca wanting to sell to USA but I can't until I get 10 feedbacks on sales - I only have 8 so therefore my preferences are blocked to receiving any questions from USA. I called ebay and they told me my items could be seen on the .com also - just the US could not buy or contact me. I wonder how much ot this is happening causing cannot contact because some Canadians live in Canada but post to .com

But I also wonder about ebay's new rules about buyer/sellers not contacting each other or will NOT get automatic 5 stars because it seems buyers and sellers are not allowed to communicate! I read about this just in the past few days and this was decided back in Feb.

That seems rediculous to me. If something is not clear on a

item I want to know and ask the seller. Or perhaps I have not

understood the way it was listed. I don't get it! Is ebay still

doing that? This in itself could cause sellers to automatically choose not to allow questions from a potential buyer - because they will loose the 5 star from ebay. If this is still happening I

may as well give up the idea of selling on ebay at all and try something more compatible with my thinking of what ecommerce should be about. When I shop in a land store, I

get to ask the clerk any questions I have before I buy. What is up with ebay's thinking here? Mayby, now in October it has changed? I would like to know...anyone?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

They're just Canadian haters, no problems, just click the back button!

Could be fellow Canadians who don't want to answer questions.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I'm a Canadian who wants to buy a hard to find item from a US seller who seems to be blocking Canadians from buying & asking questions.  I wanted to ask him, before buying or bidding,  if he would ship the item to my sister in the US which would solve his shipping to Canada issues, but I'm even blocked from asking any questions.  How to get him to remove the block in this instance??

Message 9 of 9
latest reply