iPad or iPhone app issue

I am currently having an issue where every single item I click on using the iPhone or iPad application of ebay says that the item has been removed or the item is no longer available. It does not matter if I do a watched item search or a brand new search.

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it which also means I’ve tried signing in and out already. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

iPad or iPhone app issue

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @outdoorman187 - can you let me know which version of the app you have installed currently?

Also, if you don't mind, will you get me a screenshot of what you see or the keywords you're searching? I don't have any similar reports of this and want to rule out the (very unlikely) option that maybe all the items you've found have been admin-removed. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

iPad or iPhone app issue

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Wait - in checking a few other sites I'm seeing more reports. Looks like they've been seeing it happen for about a week, have you seen it that long too?

Also, will you try something for me? I want to isolate if it's happening for all instances of the app, or just Canada-specific. We can test this by having you change your country location. 

If you go to My eBay>Settings>Country>(disable auto-detect)>Country>United States, then search for anything does it give you the same error?

You can change your app back to Canada by going down the same path, only enable Auto-detect and it will reset. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

iPad or iPhone app issue

Good Evening Tyler

I have version 5.27.5.

I have been having this issue for about a week or so. I did try turning "Auto Detect" off and it does seem to work now. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

iPad or iPhone app issue

@outdoorman187 wrote:

Good Evening Tyler

I have version 5.27.5.

I have been having this issue for about a week or so. I did try turning "Auto Detect" off and it does seem to work now. 

Thanks so much for this update @outdoorman187! The (relatively) good news with this is that it's not app-wide, and looks like it's only impacting Canadian versions of the app....for whatever reason. 

The silver lining to this is that I've been working with tech throughout today and they've opened up a ticket to get it resolved. I've added your details to it and hope to see it resolved quickly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply