A seller is harrassing me. What do I do?

There is a seller that is leaving me messages over a negative review I made. For the sake of anyone's curiosity, I had contacted the seller 3 times about a refund that I required. The seller ignored me until I made a negative review, then quickly refunded the money and requested that I change my review. 

I did not feel changing my review would reflect the truth about that seller, and since then they have left me many messages about their poor experience with me. I'm wondering if there is a way to make them stop or to change my review to reflect the harassment I am experiencing.

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With a 98% FB rating, which is poor, as well as 10 negs and 11 neutrals, reporting this seller to eBay would be a blessing not only for future buyers but for sellers who are also hurt by bad eggs selling here.

That being said, you will find your online purchases go better when you read feedback and look for patterns.

For the seller, since you know what he has to say, and you have no intention of giving in to his nagging and bullying,  after reporting him, just delete any message you see from him on your own email or in your eBay messages.

Delete delete delete.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

Sounds like the seller finally got well deserved feedback.

Ignore any contact. Hopefully the crack will tire and go away.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Tell the seller that you will not agree to alter your feedback, and that you will report them to eBay for harassment if they do not cease and desist the constant badgering. And then do just that. 

Normally, my advice is a little more sympathetic to the offending party but you're not the first buyer to come to eBay Community with a problem with that seller, there must be more afoot than you or I know about. Report them. 

You don't have to spend a lot of time talking to a seller about an issue, go to the Resolution Centre sooner. Cases can't be ignored the way messages can. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

With a 98% FB rating, which is poor, as well as 10 negs and 11 neutrals, reporting this seller to eBay would be a blessing not only for future buyers but for sellers who are also hurt by bad eggs selling here.

That being said, you will find your online purchases go better when you read feedback and look for patterns.

For the seller, since you know what he has to say, and you have no intention of giving in to his nagging and bullying,  after reporting him, just delete any message you see from him on your own email or in your eBay messages.

Delete delete delete.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Read this thread. Check Feedback Left For Others on its creator's profile. All-too-familiar. As I said earlier, I'm usually more forgiving toward all parties in the advice I provide. 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/return-shipment-for-refund/m-p/353441/highlight/true#M3115...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply