Am I the only one that thinks Global Shipping Program is painfully, ridiculouly slow?

I cannot think of a slower process. Initially told shipping would be 5-7 days. Seems reasonable. What they dont tell you is that is the time to ship it to the Global Shipping terminal in Kentucky. Then another  week or longer to ship it to you.  That is NOT reasonable when it is not disclosed. 

If you were driving from San Francisco to Seattle why would you drive to Kentucky first? Makes no sense right? Well thats what is happening. A five day drive to Kentucky. Then stay there for two days. Then a six day drive back to Seattle. This makes sense how?Seller told me this is done to keep eBay happy. What? I thought the idea was to keep the customer happy. A random hitch hiker would hand deliver it faster. 

This can not be the best solution. 

Future reference. I will NEVER purchase anything from any seller where this is the shipping option. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Am I the only one that thinks Global Shipping Program is painfully, ridiculouly slow?

I thought the idea was to keep the customer happy.

It is.

Your mistake is in thinking the buyer is the customer.

In this case, the Seller is the customer.

GSP is a Seller Protection program.

Once the seller can show that the purchase has been delivered (with cheap domestic shipping and tracking) to Kentucky, he has no more responsibility for delivery.

This appeals to the nervous, paranoid, and xenophobic US seller.

The others use more sensible shipping services.

Seller told me this is done to keep eBay happy.

EBay doesn't really care

See above. It is a Seller Protection program.

Your seller is either  too lazy to find out the real reasons for the program or lying to you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

GSP is about cheap tracked ship cost NOT about speed.  Look up spoke and hub delivery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoke%E2%80%93hub_distribution_paradigm

Here's the main threads:

290 pages of comments about GSP (going back 4 years):

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Comments-about-the-Global-Shipping-Program/td-p/149059/pag...

144 pages of questions about GSP (going back to 2013):

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Questions-about-the-Global-Shipping-Program/td-p/149063/pa...

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought the idea was to keep the customer happy.

It is.

Your mistake is in thinking the buyer is the customer.

In this case, the Seller is the customer.

GSP is a Seller Protection program.

Once the seller can show that the purchase has been delivered (with cheap domestic shipping and tracking) to Kentucky, he has no more responsibility for delivery.

This appeals to the nervous, paranoid, and xenophobic US seller.

The others use more sensible shipping services.

Seller told me this is done to keep eBay happy.

EBay doesn't really care

See above. It is a Seller Protection program.

Your seller is either  too lazy to find out the real reasons for the program or lying to you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@golfster986 wrote:

I cannot think of a slower process. Initially told shipping would be 5-7 days. Seems reasonable. What they dont tell you is that is the time to ship it to the Global Shipping terminal in Kentucky. Then another  week or longer to ship it to you.  That is NOT reasonable when it is not disclosed. 

If you were driving from San Francisco to Seattle why would you drive to Kentucky first? Makes no sense right? Well thats what is happening. A five day drive to Kentucky. Then stay there for two days. Then a six day drive back to Seattle. This makes sense how?Seller told me this is done to keep eBay happy. What? I thought the idea was to keep the customer happy. A random hitch hiker would hand deliver it faster. 

This can not be the best solution. 

Future reference. I will NEVER purchase anything from any seller where this is the shipping option. 

why do people buy from people using global shipping????nothing but problems and expense,so why do you still buy from them???its on these boards so often and people just dont get it,i do not feel sorry for anyone caught up in this you know before you bid that the shipping will take longer a

Message 4 of 4
latest reply