Bought item, then listing & seller were removed... now what?

I bought an item last week and it was marked shipped same day. The seller had 100% feedback (61).  A day or 2 after that, I found in my summary that eBay "had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction." If I already paid, (which I did) it "should process as normal". The seller is no longer a registered user. eBay says if I have any questions to check the tracking or contact the seller. The tracking number does absolutely nothing except show "shipping information received", and if the seller's no longer on eBay, they won't get a message that way, will they? So that's no use at all.
I e-mailed the paypal address to inquire if they had in fact shipped my item, but they haven't replied. I'm just wondering if I have to wait until the supposed delivery deadline before I can do anything else at all? I will need this item soon and don't want to have to buy another if this one has in fact shipped, but having to wait another couple months seems rather silly. Thoughts...?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Bought item, then listing & seller were removed... now what?

Usually when a seller (or a listing) has been received like that the seller is also Not A Registered User(NARU).He's been kicked off the site for nefarious doings.

You won't be able to reach him through eBay (a failing of the site) so go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

The first suggestion is that you Contact the Seller.

You've tried that so let's move on.

In the Dispute state that the seller is NARU. This usually moves things along faster.

Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

For future reference... Buyers can only get positive feedback, so check if your seller has sold before.

How long has it been since his last feedback? If an account is not used for a year or more, it may have been hijacked.

Obviously, if a price seems too good to be true.... well we're all grownups here, we know that one.

Problems are actually quite rare, although with millions of transactions a day, even 1% is a large number. Most problems can be solved with communication (that's why the first suggestion in a dispute is to contact the other party), but there are some bad actors out there.

Never allow a seller to send you a replacement. It won't arrive.

Never allow a seller to tell you that you have to close a dispute to get a refund. That's a blatant lie.

You are protected by eBay, by Paypal, and by the credit card I hope you have attached to your PP account.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply