Can not leave a review for a book I purchased

I recently purchased a book and wanted to leave a review. I went to 'My Purchases' and clicked on the book, then clicked on the 'Leave a Review' link.

I wrote up the review and clicked 'Submit', and it said it was sent successfully, but it didn't show up on the sellers page. Nor did it show up when I checked back with ebay a few days later.

I looked up some info on how to write a review and it seems to suggest that the 'purchase page' should have  both a 'feedback' & 'leave a review' link directly on that page, but it doesn't seem to have either of those links

Is there some other way to leave a book review? or is has this been disabled or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

See attached image for details

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A book review should show on the listings for the book, not on the seller's page (unless the seller has more copies for sale).

And I've noticed that not all product reviews are shown -- the last listing I looked at that had reviews only 3 of 5 were displayed.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried clicking the arrow beside "More actions" to see if the options are available in the drop-down menu?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

A book review should show on the listings for the book, not on the seller's page (unless the seller has more copies for sale).

And I've noticed that not all product reviews are shown -- the last listing I looked at that had reviews only 3 of 5 were displayed.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You do mean a review of the book and not feedback, right? There does seem to be some confusion on that point.

Probably not among readers, though.

Does your seller still have copies of the title for sale? If not, does your review appear on any other copies of the title?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, this was a review vs feedback.

As far as I can tell there are 5 copies ( 3 available / 2 sold ) Not sure what you mean by 'other copies'?
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Not sure what you mean by the 'listings' page? Is that different from the page where I would buy the book?

Is there a special section/page for book listings?

The page where I would normally buy the book says " 3 available / 2 sold " is that what you mean by have more copies for sale?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you search for a book by title you should see a list of all the sellers that have that book for sale.

If it's a self-published book the review might not stick since the book is likely not in the book catalog.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I believe the problem is because the book for some reason is not in the Ebay catalog. I've contacted the seller and they can deal with it if they are interested.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply