Do I need to have a credit card to pay for my items instantly or will my bank account suffice?

fayedeline
Community Member

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to have a credit card to pay for my items instantly or will my bank account suffice?

Instantly? Yes.

Although a payment from your bank account will be removed immediately, it is a form of cheque. And that e-cheque still will have to clear both the Canadian and American banking systems before Paypal can access the payment and turn it over to your seller.

This can take up to 10 days.

In addition, your credit card gives you a third layer of Buyer Protection (the others are eBay itself and Paypal) with its chargeback service.

And.

You can buy stuff between paycheques and the entire service is free if you keep your cc paid off when that paycheque does come in.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Instantly? Yes.

Although a payment from your bank account will be removed immediately, it is a form of cheque. And that e-cheque still will have to clear both the Canadian and American banking systems before Paypal can access the payment and turn it over to your seller.

This can take up to 10 days.

In addition, your credit card gives you a third layer of Buyer Protection (the others are eBay itself and Paypal) with its chargeback service.

And.

You can buy stuff between paycheques and the entire service is free if you keep your cc paid off when that paycheque does come in.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply