Help first time buyer.

Last night I bought a pond filter this morning the seller is no longer with ebay and I have already payed for it. I just got scammed didn't I. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

The listing is probably gone because eBay spotted it as fraudulent.

Sorry you got caught in it.

Follow the steps you were given to get your money back. It may be a bit slow but it will be successful.

In future:

• Avoid expensive items offered at prices too good to be true.
  • Look at feedback when choosing a seller. Nothing under 98% is good. For Asia make that 99%.
  • If the seller has a lot of feedback, see if it is for buying or selling.
  • If there is a long gap (over six months) in activity, it may be a hijacked account.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

You can get your money back. Just go at the "Resolution Center" (there's a link at the bottom of this page), and open an Item Not Received dispute and change it immediately as a claim with the reason that the seller is no longer registered with eBay.

If it doesn't work - because it's probably too early on eBay - you can also go to PayPal and open a dispute there.

You can also wait a few weeks, just to see if the item does show up. If it does not, you can open a dispute. You have 180 days for that with PayPal (from time of payment). And 30 days after last expected delivery date with eBay.