How do we report misleading ads? IE: people putting in batteries to make the search price lower

I find many selling are including the cheap cost of batteries along side the item to skew search results putting in both as separate items.

IR temp sensors are for sale but sellers are putting in batteries as a separate MODEL in efforts to manipulate search functions.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How do we report misleading ads? IE: people putting in batteries to make the search price lower

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@koldfusion77 wrote:

I find many selling are including the cheap cost of batteries along side the item to skew search results putting in both as separate items.

IR temp sensors are for sale but sellers are putting in batteries as a separate MODEL in efforts to manipulate search functions.

Hey @koldfusion77 - This is definitely not an appropriate selling practice and we want you to report the items you find to us for appropriate review and action.

Please route it to us by using the 'Report this item' link within the listing and choosing the following reasons:

1. Listing practices
2. Avoiding eBay fees
3. Offering choices

While we won't circle back with you to update you on action taken (for privacy reasons) we typically review and take action within 24 hours. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Advertising is all about getting a customer into the store.  Once there, you can shop or not, that is your choice.  Brick and mortar stores have been using that type of advertising well before on line shopping.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There is a Search and Browse Manipulation Policy.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/tutorial/searchandbrowseman/intro.html

Read that and if you still feel your concern applies to the policy, go to the listing and Report it. That link is on the middle of the page at right when viewed on a desktop computer. Don't expect immediate action, however.

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 5.41.14 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@koldfusion77 wrote:

Hey @koldfusion77 - This is definitely not an appropriate selling practice and we want you to report the items you find to us for appropriate review and action.

Please route it to us by using the 'Report this item' link within the listing and choosing the following reasons:

1. Listing practices
2. Avoiding eBay fees
3. Offering choices

While we won't circle back with you to update you on action taken (for privacy reasons) we typically review and take action within 24 hours. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No Pinetreecottage it is manipulating the search function to make 'Lowest Price + Shipping' float to the top when it just means the cost of batteries.

I've stoped using eBay because this always happens and I am done with dealing with shady business.

Its happened with IR Temperature detectors, TDS pen and pH pen. I'm done with this. eBay just lets them slide.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The eBay employee asked you Report those listings and providdd instructions for doing so.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply