Is a seller allowed to ask his money back after a refund for an item that could arrive eventually ?

seniira
Community Member

I did open a request on ebay for several items that never have been delivered (from the same seller) And he does accept to refund me, while asking to give him back the money if the items do arrive... is this allowed ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is a seller allowed to ask his money back after a refund for an item that could arrive eventually ?

@seniira wrote:

I did open a request on ebay for several items that never have been delivered (from the same seller) And he does accept to refund me, while asking to give him back the money if the items do arrive... is this allowed ?

Yes.

It's a conditional refund given because the buyer did not receive the item.

If the buyer does receive the item that refund condition is no longer true (repayment is usually done via paypal).

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@seniira wrote:

Yes.

It's a conditional refund given because the buyer did not receive the item.

If the buyer does receive the item that refund condition is no longer true (repayment is usually done via paypal).

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is also the ethical question.

If you have the goods, is it honest of you to keep the money too?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

???

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Of course, you should pay for the items if they arrive.
Late delivery doesn't equate to free.
The seller is refunding you on the basis of your claim that you didn't receive your purchases; not because they are late.
If they do show up, look at yourself in the mirror, and repay the transaction.
Allowed? Wow... I shake my head that anyone would even have to ask.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply