It is 2017. Can someone tell me why Ebay still does not have customer reviews on all products?

awmlet
Community Member

It is very easy to be deceived by a seller's 98% rating when you don't have actual product ratings. I never buy anything without ratings, but i was willing to buy a few cheap things off ebay not knowing if they would look like the actual photos. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is 2017. Can someone tell me why Ebay still does not have customer reviews on all products?

In this day and age there is zero reason to buy from a seller with 98 per cent feedback. Aim higher, like 99.3 and up. And North American. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Feedback has always been voluntary. And less than 40% of transactions get any feedback.

In my opinion, most feedback is left by sellers, thanking their customers. It's about the same as the cashier's 'Have a nice day.'

It is useful to look at the feedback, not just the number.

A seller may have 99% because she is doesn't sell often (or is new) and got that one person who was determined not to be satisfied.

Another seller with 100% feedback may have hundreds of negs, because they also have thousands of happy customers.

Read the negs (and neutrals) for patterns. Complaints of poor quality, slow delivery, or poor communication. Who is leaving the negative feedback.

BTW, while sellers have less opportunity to read buyer feedback, we do look at the FB Left for Others, to give us a picture of our customers.

And of course, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Reviews are most of the time fake.   "Marketplace" did a story recently on reviews.  Companies hire people to sit at home and write reviews, so maybe you should do your own research if buying big ticket items.  Just because someone wrote it on the internet, doesn't make it true.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply