Item ordered on Guest Account

The item I ordered was not delivered.  I contacted eBay.  They contacted seller.  I seller offered another solution.  When I tried to "Send a Message" to the seller I used the wrong password.   Now all I can get is the message "We are unable to process your request."   I can not get to a point were I can enter the correct password.     What's the matter, do people not use the wrong password once in a while?  You do not seem to be set up to deal with this kind of a problem.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

In addition to your Buyer Protection with eBay, you are also covered by your Paypal Buyer Protection (although not many new members have signed up  for this yet) and by the chargeback policy of your credit card.

Do start with eBay, but keep the other two in mind if you remain frustrated.

I would recommend signing up for a (free!) Paypal account and backing it with your credit card.

PP anonymizes your financial information. The seller never sees any information about your personal accounts.

Backing with a credit card not only gives you that third level of Buyer Protection, but it also means you can purchase without worrying about the date of your next paycheque or bank account overdrafts. Your seller is appreciative too, since she doesn't have to wait up to 10 days for your 'e-cheque' to clear before shipping.

Guest Accounts and incorrect passwords could be considered a minefield of potential fraud by ebay which is probably the reason you are now having problems logging into your transaction. My advice to you as a fellow user is to call Customer Service for assistance with this. Go through the Help & Contact menu at the top of the page. Good luck.

Actually:

First, you may want to clear your cache (web history and cookies) and restart your computer. Try again carefully with the right password, and if that fails, call for a Customer Service agent. 

Also, if that 'other solution' you alluded to was a replacement: no. Definitely not. That is the oldest trick in the book. Take your refund and try again with this seller if you are inclined to do so, or another. There are very limited scenarios in which you should accept a replacement and this is not one of them.