Items not received from China

f-bear
Community Member

After many years of troublefree purchasing and delivery from China now two items (small amplifiers) from two different sellers have not arrived (after 3 months for one, 2.5 months for the other). I've received a full refund from the first item but must wait 2 more days until the other will be refunded. I don't know what is going on all of a sudden but I really hesitate to order from a Chinese seller again after this experience. Is there any way to tell if items have not been received from sellers (other than reading over all the feedback)?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There have been reports that because of ongoing discussions/arguments with China Post and other members of the Universal Postal Union, that recipient postal systems have not been processing shipments from China as quickly as they used to.

There was, I believe, a meeting of the UPU this past fall where the problem of heavily subsidized Chinese shipping was to be discussed, but I haven't seen any results reported.

It's a pretty esoteric subject, of course.

In the meantime, you could avoid buying from China or at least avoid buying from sellers who are offering Free Shipping, since the cost of shipping is included in the asking price and if the price is low, you can be sure the seller is using the cheapest and slowest service available.

If you go beyond the last estimated date for delivery +30 days, which is eBay's deadline for Disputes, remember that you can still use the Paypal Disputes with their deadline of 180 days from payment.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

There have been reports that because of ongoing discussions/arguments with China Post and other members of the Universal Postal Union, that recipient postal systems have not been processing shipments from China as quickly as they used to.

There was, I believe, a meeting of the UPU this past fall where the problem of heavily subsidized Chinese shipping was to be discussed, but I haven't seen any results reported.

It's a pretty esoteric subject, of course.

In the meantime, you could avoid buying from China or at least avoid buying from sellers who are offering Free Shipping, since the cost of shipping is included in the asking price and if the price is low, you can be sure the seller is using the cheapest and slowest service available.

If you go beyond the last estimated date for delivery +30 days, which is eBay's deadline for Disputes, remember that you can still use the Paypal Disputes with their deadline of 180 days from payment.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Exactly the same experience. I wonder if there is something else behind this problem apart from the postal service.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I always have the purchases reimbursed by the seller or by Ebay, but it is very time consuming if you buy sjmall items. Lately I am not buying as mamy items as I used to because it is too muhc of a hassle.  Ebay should simplify the process. Findin the link to the resolution Centre (hidden at the bottomo of some pages) is not easy, especially now when I am systematically resorting to it.  Not fun anymore.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Same issue. Over the past 3 months, I did not get 6 different orders from 6 sellers, out of 7 total orders.... Over the past decade I had only ever not gotten 2 orders.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have found over the past 6-8 months its from china just are never arriving I would say 4 out of 5 items never arrive, these are all free shipping items and are low cost items under$5.00 each
It has become very frustating I always get refunded.
Something has defineatly changed with china post and Canada post
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I had an item arrive today, March 14, 2017 that was ordered on Nov 22, 2016.  It appears that the problem began late in 2016. The seller has a 99.1% rating!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

atilap
Community Member

I am also having problems with items bought from China. they are not arriving at all. I get some refunds, but you have to wait over 4 months waiting for an item. this is not good, and I am not buying from Ebay anymore. never had this problem before.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

atilap
Community Member

I am also having problems with items bought from China. they are not arriving at all. I get some refunds, but you have to wait over 4 months waiting for an item. this is not good, and I am not buying from Ebay anymore. never had this problem before.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

hoangvt
Community Member

I'm also having this very same issue. I've been ordering from Asia sellers for a several years without issues, other than the occasional delay of an extra month. Since mid 2016, 75% of my orders coming from Asia has been taking 3-4 months or longer. Some has gone completely missing. I got my money back but I rather have what I ordered. I have asked some sellers about it and they don't know either. I'm guessing courier or CBSA has to be the caused. I hope they get their **bleep** together and resolve this. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Over 20 items since last November that I have ordered from China have been excessively late arriving here in Canada.  This is nearly all the Ebay items I ordered since later 2016. I rarely or never order from other countries due to postage costs. The good news is that all my payments were refunded to me without question and all eventually arrived at which time I sent the refunds back to the sellers even though most of the items took more than four months to get here.  Only one item did not arrive up to now which is nearly 8 months later.  That item was a bit above the usual low prices like I usually pay (~$10) and sellers raised the price higher shortly after I ordered the item.  I did order one cheap $1 item that arrived in 2 months a few weeks ago.  I don't know if this means the crisis has subsided or not.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

max661
Community Member

I  have had nothing but issues from sellers from China. Not receiving items, then when i ask for a refund they keep saying they will send me another which I never get. The other  scenario is they say that they have refunded when they haven't, and they keep arguing the fact that they have, then when your forced to bring eBay or PayPal into it, they refund the money.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I use to be able to track china post shipments through Canada post. Tracking numbers no longer work with Canada post.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply