Listing States different than what is pictured

I have bid on a listing that states a certain number of video games. In the description it doesnt list the games nor does it say you can choose a certain number of games NOT get all that are pictured. I scanned through the games without counting and decided what pictured looked interesting enough and bid.  The only reason I know I can choose 24 is because I sent the seller a question asking for explanation on the discrepancy I noticed AFTER I bid. Now it's still a great deal but it feels a little odd to not have it originally in the listing. I guess my question is is the seller obligated to honor and send what is pictured if they do not state originally in the listing that one can choose a certain number of what is pictured but do so after someone has bidded or after the auction is ended?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

White space is your friend.

Also : "I bid today. I will bid tomorrow. I bid yesterday."

I feel better now.

Some people are better at descriptions than others.

You asked the Seller how many games there are and how many you would be sent if you win.

He told you it was a Choice auction and that you could choose (up to ?) 24.

Good point- he answered.

Did he also attach that answer to the Description?  That would show in tiny letters at the very very very bottom of the Description.

is the seller obligated to honor and send what is pictured if they do not state originally in the listing that one can choose a certain number of what is pictured

If he did not say in the Description that you could choose from the group, he is selling the entire group. Technically.

He may not understand that.

If he did not attach your question to his Description, in the event of a Dispute (Not As Described) things would get fraught. He said/she said. Who pays for return shipping? What about partial refunds? Fraught.

He does not state the titles the buyer will receive, right? Still hasn't?

If your bid is low enough that you will be happy with anything you receive, leave the bid in place.

But you can Retract your bid if you wish.

While reasons are few, just choose the one that is closest to reality.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I tried to edit after posted but I guess ebay doesn't let you edit after certain amount of time. Apologies for no spaces.

I was told I could choose 24 of the the 40 or so games pictured.

He attached nothing new to the description nor did he change the description to clarify one can choose it just says, 24 games
OK shape some scratches
Sold asis
All play ok.

Nope he did not state the titles specifically did not change description at all only answered back to me in the ebay messages what was up.

The bid is low enough that I will be alright with the deal. The shipping is substantial but again low enough but only because I am geographically pretty close to the seller. If I hadn't been and the price was more significant I'd be frustrated.

I also took into account that this sellers rep is 100% and thought well as long as I get the ones I want...Ill keep the bid.

It's kind of for future reference question as well.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate the insight into it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply