Listing says in TWO areas that it's coming from the US. Tracking shows it's coming from CHINA. ?!?!?

I bought an item that in 2 locations on the page said (and still says) the ITEM LOCATION is in CA, United States.

I now have a tracking number, and it shows it's coming from China.

I'm a bit concerned.  Should I be?  What kinds of issues can arise from this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Listing says in TWO areas that it's coming from the US. Tracking shows it's coming from CHINA. ?!?!?

It will take longer to arrive than it would from the USA.

It may be held up by CBSA (fentanyl- google the problem).

EBay gave you a last estimated date for arrival.

If it does not arrive by then, open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

When(and if, the lie about location is skeezy) it does arrive you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

If the item is coming Air Mail or is high value (over $100Cdn/ $80 US) then you will be paying duty, sales taxes and the shipper's service fee on your doorstep.

The actual cut off is $20Cdn, but CBSA doesn't fuss much about low value items and let's most of them slide by.

BTW: most people are honest.

Sellers are supposed to put the location of the item in the listing, but many don't understand and put their own location.

This is particularly true of dropshippers.

If you see identical listings, down to pictures and description, those sellers are all dropshipping from the same supplier.

Most of those suppliers are in Asia. Not all, but most.

And if any one seller is out of the product they all are, but just don't know it yet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It will take longer to arrive than it would from the USA.

It may be held up by CBSA (fentanyl- google the problem).

EBay gave you a last estimated date for arrival.

If it does not arrive by then, open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

When(and if, the lie about location is skeezy) it does arrive you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

If the item is coming Air Mail or is high value (over $100Cdn/ $80 US) then you will be paying duty, sales taxes and the shipper's service fee on your doorstep.

The actual cut off is $20Cdn, but CBSA doesn't fuss much about low value items and let's most of them slide by.

BTW: most people are honest.

Sellers are supposed to put the location of the item in the listing, but many don't understand and put their own location.

This is particularly true of dropshippers.

If you see identical listings, down to pictures and description, those sellers are all dropshipping from the same supplier.

Most of those suppliers are in Asia. Not all, but most.

And if any one seller is out of the product they all are, but just don't know it yet.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you very much! Very helpful and alleviates some of my worries 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply