Purchasing item in Canada and shipping it to US address

Hello. The answers that I see for my question are old, and I want to make sure that I have current information.  I am a Cdn with a Cdn eBay account. To save on shipping, I want to buy US items and have them shipped to a friend in the US. I think that to do that, I need to go to PayPal and temporarily make the US address my primary one. Is this correct? And what about the address that eBay has for me? As a seller, I always use View Sales Record to get the person's shipping address. If I don't change it there and US sellers do the same thing, will my Cdn address be shown to them? Thanks. Laurie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

As a seller you should be shipping to the Paypal address.

There is a recent thread in Seller Central about how to add an address to Paypal.

There is a school of thought that discourages sellers from buying and selling on the same eBay account. I tend to agree with that, and then ignore it a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Thanks. Guess I'm lazy, but I find it tedious to have to go to PayPal to get the addresses.

I make it a habit to check Paypal first for sales. If it's Paid then it's in PP, and I can print invoices and shipping labels from there (SnapShip not Shippo).