Questions about authenticating centre in Canada

hash-9711
Community Member

Hi, I am thinking about buying a sneaker on eBay ca from a Canadian seller. I did some research on where the sneakers are authenticated and found out that there is only one in Canada. I remember it was in Ontario. If the authentication center in the U.S. is closer than the one in Ontario from the seller, is it possible for the seller to ship it to the one in the U.S.?

Or, if the item is sold in Canada and the buyer is also in Canada, will the item just stay in Canada?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't believe it's possible for Canadian sellers to send items to the US authentication centre if they're ultimately destined for another Canadian location.  Sending the sneakers to the US would mean that the package would need customs documentation, and then on the return trip to Canada there's a good chance it would be hit with taxes, possibly duty, and customs processing fees, all of which you'd be expected to pay in order to receive your item.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sellers aren't given any options of where to send a package for authentication so as @marnotom! suggested, it's unlikely that the place eBay wants it sent to can be changed. The seller isnt even given your address, just the address of where they are supposed to send it.