Customs Processing and additionnal charges ?

Hello, i am looking to buy this phone. ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/132230532938?var=431560285921 ) Though there is free shipping, it says there may be customs processing and additionnal charges to my order. I live in Canada and the product shipps from China. Will i get a fee ? How much will it cost ? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Depends how it is shipped.

If via post office -- add GST/HST/QST/PST sales tax for your province plus $9.95 Canada Post handling fee plus duty.

Couriers usually have a bigger handling fee.

98% positive feedback is not that great for a high volume seller. Be sure to read the negatives and neutrals this seller has been given.

Can you wait until December or January for the phone to arrive?

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can be charged on any import valued over $20Cdn. (~$16USD).

Even when no duty is assessed, you will be charged sales taxes.

And the carrier will have a service fee which varies from $9.95 (Canada Post) to $25 or more.

The FB indicates a lot of broken or poorly made products, poor communication, and slow delivery.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello, thanks for answering ! I could wait till december. What advantage would i get ? If i order my package with the default shipping, will it fall under the post office category ? Thanks
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I wouldn't spend that much on a seller with that many negatives about defective items.  Is there another seller with better feedback and maybe in North America, who has the same item for a similar price?

Yes, officially you "should" have a tax or duty charge for an item over $20.  But many packages come through without fees being applied.  Also, the seller may put a very cheap valuation on the package to avoid that (this isn't legal...).  So, there's a chance you won't have to pay a fee.  But you won't know till the package comes.

Also note that items shipping from China can take 2 months to arrive.  (ypdc_dennis isn't asking you if you can wait to *order*... I think he means if you order now, it may take that long to get there -- you don't get an "advantage")

If you have questions about the shipping method you would need to contact the seller. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply