I did not receive my purchase, the seller deleted his account and now buyer protection has ended.

I made a purchase in June, and I still have not received it to this day. The seller's account got deleted or suspended and I had no way of contacting him/her. Now the buyer protection has ended and I can't file a dispute. I couldn't file a dispute even before the 30 days because the seller's account got deleted within the buyer protection date. What can I do? I can't contact eBay or the seller, did I just get my money stolen?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I did not receive my purchase, the seller deleted his account and now buyer protection has ended.

Did you pay by Paypal?

If so, you are covered for 180 days from payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The first suggestion (not a demand, a suggestion) is that you contact the Seller.

Just ignore that and ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

State in the Claim that the seller is suspended (Not A Registered User/ NARU).

PP still has his financial information, and if he cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you bought directly with your credit card, go to the 1-800 number on the back of your card and ask the clerk for a chargeback.

She will need dates, payment amounts, currency, and transaction numbers, so have those handy to help her process your refund.

The safest way to buy online is through a Paypal account backed by a credit card.

This gives you three layers of protection, eBay, PP and the card.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Ditto what femmefan said.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply