I have an unpaid item. I wanted to buy an item but they do not ship to my post office box.

I have an unpaid item case that was opened up on me.  I tried to purchase an audio video AV cable but I couldn't get past the point of where to ship as the seller does not ship to post office boxes, which is what I have as I live out of town.  I backed out of the item, but it must not have cancelled at that time.  I received an unpaid item email from the seller a message explaining that I tried to order but as they didn't send to post offices boxes, that I backed out of the order, but it didn't work.  I sent this message the middle of last week.  They did not respond to my message so I thought it was all taken care of and now there is this case that has been opened.  What is my next step to take?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have an unpaid item. I wanted to buy an item but they do not ship to my post office box.

Hi, I don't think there is too much you can do right at this point. You might have to let the unpaid item strike go through and then call ebay through the help and contact links to explain the situation. They may be able to remove the strike from your record. If not, it is not the absolute end of the world ~ 2 strikes can get you blocked from bidding/purchasing some items if a Seller has that auto block set up ~ but 1 strike won't hurt your buying abilities.  The Seller may have filed the unpaid item just as a means to get their final value fees back from a sale they cannot complete since they don't ship to a post office box. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I don't think there is too much you can do right at this point. You might have to let the unpaid item strike go through and then call ebay through the help and contact links to explain the situation. They may be able to remove the strike from your record. If not, it is not the absolute end of the world ~ 2 strikes can get you blocked from bidding/purchasing some items if a Seller has that auto block set up ~ but 1 strike won't hurt your buying abilities.  The Seller may have filed the unpaid item just as a means to get their final value fees back from a sale they cannot complete since they don't ship to a post office box. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I would call eBay right away.  Ifyou wait for the Unpaid Item Case to close, you will receive an unpaid item strike, because that process is automatic, no actual person gets involved.  It's best to talk to someone to prevent that - as the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  At the same time have them explain to you when and how you can successfully cancel purchases.  

I live in a community that has only PO Boxes, and I always use my actual street address plus "Box #", and so far have been successful in buying a few times from "No PO Box" sellers.   Do you also have a 911 address consisting of your road name and number?  Perhaps this can be used for those paranoid sellers who do not seem to understand that a Post Office Box is safe, and for those that ship by couriers, who cannot deliver to a box number.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply