Item Removed; User no longer Registered; How to start a claim...

rod.inc
Community Member

Hello,

I just 'won' an item, that was promptly removed from EBay after I paid. The user, not too long after, is now no longer registered.

The message says "If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about."

However, in EBay's help feature you can't ask anything without an active listing # (which it isn't). So it appears the seller just posted the product, took the money, and has now fled the digital country. Of course, the 'package' is from China.

Do I honestly have to wait 40 days before I can open an issue to get the kick-back? I don't mind waiting, just wondering if I can actually just get this resolved right now, as it's an obvious sham.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When a seller has been removed (Not a Registered User/NARU) it's usually because he has done something nefarious.

Don't wait for the item to arrive.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute immediately in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller. You can if you like, but don't get into a conversation.

You want only date of shipping, service used and above all a usable tracking number.

Do NOT accept anything but a refund or a usable tracking number.

Never accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim. State that the seller is NARU.

Usually that speeds things up.

If eBay's Resolution Centre won't let you open a Dispute yet, go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Same procedure, but be sure to mention that the seller has been kicked off eBay as soon as you can.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

FWIW-- the seller probably never saw a penny of your money. PP has a Hold on customer payments to new and questionable sellers for up to 21 days.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Wow, thank you. I'll get right on that.

The user interface on Ebay is vast, but too big to find answers to newbie questions. This was quite helpful.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Your fellow members are here to help. Sometimes it will be tough love, but most of us mean well. Best wishes.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

what if you paid with cc and said seller is no longer registered on ebay?

any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks ... kinda new here ... don't even know how to remove cc as paypal is now linked.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you paid by credit card, call the 1 800number on the card (or your monthly invoice) and ask about a chargeback. The clerk is coming in blind, so have ready the dates, amounts, currency used, transaction numbers etc, to help her with the refund.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply