Model Railroad Question Pertains To need partsModel Railroad Question

I have a Traing Hornby steam locomotive.
Evening Star R.861
B.R. 2-10-0 Locomotive
Where can I get the motor brushes,springs and caps that hold the springs in place. 2 each.
I purchased it around 1965 in England and it needs some work..
Also is it possible to get a parts list for it.
Thank You

Bernard

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try asking on the ebay,COM community forums -- they have bigger hobby section there.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I was curious, and Googled your locomotive.

The search brought up a lot of info and also various listings on ebay.co.uk

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Finding parts for your locomotive could be like looking for ways to rebuild a Model T car from a 100 years ago...

One most likely has to scavenge other locomotives from many years ago in order to find parts.

If you read about Triang, Triang-Hornby and then Horny on the internet.... You will realize that business is not too good for these companies.... It is now Hornby that may be in money problems.... Model Railroading in the OO gauge as producing by Hornby might soon be gone totally...

It was many years ago that I sold many Triang-Hornby OO Gauge items with Canadian Pacific and Canadian National markings.... They sold well then.. The secondary market is very active on eBay. One can suspect that older items are not being sold, and may serve as a source of parts..

Keep looking and you may find your parts... Remember, it will be like looking for parts for an old Model T. car....
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

My comment has been  transferred to a more visible location.....

-----

Finding parts for your locomotive could be like looking for ways to rebuild a Model T car from a 100 years ago...

One most likely has to scavenge other locomotives from many years ago in order to find parts.

If you read about Triang, Triang-Hornby and then Horny on the internet.... You will realize that business is not too good for these companies.... It is now Hornby that may be in money problems.... Model Railroading in the OO gauge as producing by Hornby might soon be gone totally...

It was many years ago that I sold many Triang-Hornby OO Gauge items with Canadian Pacific and Canadian National markings.... They sold well then.. The secondary market is very active on eBay. One can suspect that older items are not being sold, and may serve as a source of parts..

Keep looking and you may find your parts... Remember, it will be like looking for parts for an old Model T. car....

---------

and... more...  Triang-Hornby parts are listed on eBay...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

A Good Place to contact is Georges Trains in Toronto  (Google it) They could have what you are looking for

They specialize in A Wide Variety of Trains New and Vintage 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply