Partial refund

Hi there is anyone tell me how to get money back from ebay?i ordered skirt decals and I received them completely wrong and diffraction from pictures..asked seller for refund and he offered me $3 refund for $22 item I purchased..i want to talk to ebay about this problem but had no luck...its a complete fraud
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Partial refund

Just open an SNAD Case through Ebay ASAP and watch all the timelines.

Did the order come from China by chance?

Do not accept replacements to be sent.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Partial refund

You don't need to talk to anyone.

Basically this is a straightforward Not As Described dispute.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an NAD dispute.

There is no need to contact the seller as suggested because you have already done that.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

The seller will be required to send you return postage.

If he doesn't, you win the Claim and get a refund.

If he does, you return the decals (make sure the postage covers tracking) and when he has them back, you will be refunded.

And the seller is overseas?

If the seller is overseas the return postage is a problem, but it is HIS problem. You do not have to trust him to refund your return shipping.

He can send you money through PP's Send Money service. He has Buyer Protection on this, btw.

Or if he is in the USA, he can send you a Canada Post return shipping label through Shippo, the new shipping label company eBay has contracted with. (But Americans tend to panic about things like this.)

You have 30 days from delivery to open the Dispute.

If you missed that deadline, you can still claim through Paypal. Come back here if you need advice on that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Partial refund

Yes its from China..
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Partial refund

So here’s the thing I purchased this item with other three items as a guest(though i have account) so now everytime i am trying to follow steps to complain to ebay it says no item found after I login..which ends my all hopes and makes me more frustrated with all ebay system..i have picture of product I received and all other details.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Partial refund

5:30 PM
So here’s the thing I purchased this item with other three items as a guest(though i have account) so now everytime i am trying to follow steps to complain to ebay it says no item found after I login..which ends my all hopes and makes me more frustrated with all ebay system..i have picture of product I received and all other details.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Partial refund

5:30 PM

Go to either Paypal (if you have a PP account) and follow the same steps for a Claim that were outlined.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.
Unfortunately, PP insists that you return the item to China on your own dime. However, they allow 180 days from payment for a Claim.

If you do not have a PP account (and do get one, they protect your financial information online very very well) go to the 1-800 number on the back of your credit card and ask about a chargeback.
Cards have varied policies (another reason for PP) but you can help the clerk by having dates, payments, currency and transaction numbers handy for her to process your refund.

Best wishes.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply