reimbursement of order

joalve_61
Community Member

Good afternoon,  I made a purchase on November 21, 2017, but I did not receive it. The order was retained in customs. I requested the resolution of this situation with the seller, because I did not raise the customs order, but I did not get an answer. I'd like to know how I can receive the amount I paid. I attached the proof of payment, the email of confirmation of the order and the letter I received from the customs.

Thank you in advance 

Best regards

João Alves

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

reimbursement of order

It is the responsibility of the seller to get your purchase to you securely and within a reasonable time.

We sellers get very annoyed that we are held responsible for the actions of the postal system and customs officers, but we're big boys and girls and can live with it.

Go to your original order.

Look for the Estimated Delivery Date.

You have 30 days past the last estimated date to open a Dispute with eBay.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

This is often useful and always polite. But it is a suggestion.

All you need from him is the date of shipping, the service used and a tracking number.

OR a refund.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.

You do NOT need to close the Dispute to get a refund.

If the seller does not refund you, ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Since you believe your purchase is stuck in customs, when it arrives, you can use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

You have 60 days from purchase to leave feedback. Take your time on that.

If the eBay deadline has passed, come back here. There are options.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

reimbursement of order

Thank you for your answer, but the 30 days limit has passed, what can i do know?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

reimbursement of order

and i did contact the seller but i got no answer. thanks for attention
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

reimbursement of order

Thank you for your answer, but the 30 days limit has passed, what can i do know?

Go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

It works pretty much the same way.

The big differences are that PP allows dispute for 180 days from Payment BUT the buyer is required to pay for  return unwanted items with tracking.

I attached the proof of payment, the email of confirmation of the order and the letter I received from the customs.

A letter from customs?

Hmmm-- are they saying that you cannot import the product into Canada? The seller is NOT required to know that. It is entirely your responsibility to know the laws of your own country.

The usual way Customs departments deal with illegal imports is to destroy them.

The oddest things are illegal to import, or require fancy paperwork. Firecrackers, paintball supplies, rare woods.  And, of course, counterfeit items are seized all the time.

If you are willing, what were you trying to import?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply