Refund wait times?

tokasyriu
Community Member

Hey all,

I just purchased an item on eBay and entered the wrong shipping address when I did so. I messaged the seller who stated they would refund the order and then process it again so that I could put the right address on it. The first time, I purchased via credit card, and the second time, I purchased via Paypal.

Upon looking at my credit card statement and my Paypal account, I have been charged twice for this product. It's been about 24 hours and I haven't received the refund back onto my credit card. I messaged the seller back to see what is going on there, however, what are the recent wait times for receiving a refund back onto a credit card? All the research I've seen shows it to be immediate.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Refund wait times?

Depending on the type of credit card, it can take a few days. It is not as immediate as a payment is.

If you see the refund in PayPal, your credit card should receive it soon.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Refund wait times?

No, I don't see it in either Paypal or my credit card, and the seller is being fairly difficult about it. Do I have any other options other than waiting to see if I receive the item? Even then, I'm out at least half of what I paid since it's a double charge.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Refund wait times?

If the refund does not appear on PayPal - or your credit card - in a few days, you can still open an Item not received for the first transaction. And if it doesn't work, you can contact your credit card company to have the first payment reversed. You will need all your dates and transaction details before calling them. But I would wait a few days just to be sure.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Refund wait times?

Sounds good. I really appreciate your help. I figured I may be jumping the gun a bit but you know people and finances...gets me stressed. Thanks again.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply