Seller cancels order with no explanation.

Hello.  Two days ago I purchased a Masterpiece doll from a seller from back east.  This seller had two Masterpiece dolls for sale and after I purchased one of the dolls the seller contacted me.  They wanted to know if I would like to purchase both dolls at a reduced shipping cost.  As I already had the second doll but with a different color of hair , I contacted them to thank them for the offer but to also decline it.  Today I found  that the seller had completely cancelled my order using the explanation that there was a problem with my shipping address.  This is the same address all my orders are shipped to.  There has never been a shipping problem before.  Now the seller has no dolls for sale and I am wondering if they found someone else to buy both dolls and that is the real reason why my purchase was cancelled.   Is this against eBay rules?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sellers cannot cancel orders without due cause and then fib about the reason for doing so.

Nothing can compel the seller, however, to mail you what you wanted. If you felt like protesting their actions, you can call Customer Service and alert them to the inappropriate order cancellation. The seller will then be subject to getting the appropriate defect for canceling the order without cause. That’s the reason they misconstrued the reason: to avoid punishment. eBay frowns on cancelled orders for no apparent reason.

Also, you can leave appropriate feedback.

This is assuming, of course, that the seller hasn’t legitimately cancelled your order because they’d blocked shipping to your destination. Canada, I assume? Did you see a postage cost displayed when you paid? Do you have a postal box, perhaps, but you paid for courier service?

Answers (0)