Seller wants me to return item by having me send it to mail forwarding service. Is this allowed?

I am dealing with a seller that listed an ipod as new [other] coming from Massachusetts, USA. Instead I got a visibly used ipod with an incompatible charger shipped from Moscow Russia. I brought this to their attention and they said I could ship the item back, but it has to go to the American location. I asked for the return address for said location. I get an address to a mail forwarding service in Delaware USA. Which isn't a P.O or affiliated with UPS or USPS. Is this allowed on ebay?. I know that once that package reaches that forwarding service, the regional post has no responsibility or control if the forwarding service loses the item.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller wants me to return item by having me send it to mail forwarding service. Is this allowed?

Whether the seller is in Russia or the USA, eBay will require him to send you a Return Shipping Label. Then when he gets it back, he is required to refund you.

So ask him for the Return Shipping Label. Do NOT pay for it yourself.

Usually I would encourage a buyer to cooperate with the seller, but this guy lied about his location and about the quality of the machine. Two strikes. Don't allow a third.

If he refuses, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not As Described case.

You have already fulfilled the first suggestion in contacting the seller, so go right to the Claim.

If he doesn't somehow provide a method of shipping, you will win the Claim and be refunded.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Whether the seller is in Russia or the USA, eBay will require him to send you a Return Shipping Label. Then when he gets it back, he is required to refund you.

So ask him for the Return Shipping Label. Do NOT pay for it yourself.

Usually I would encourage a buyer to cooperate with the seller, but this guy lied about his location and about the quality of the machine. Two strikes. Don't allow a third.

If he refuses, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not As Described case.

You have already fulfilled the first suggestion in contacting the seller, so go right to the Claim.

If he doesn't somehow provide a method of shipping, you will win the Claim and be refunded.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply