Shipping from china to canada

I ordered two packages from china on Nov.29th I'm still waiting for them to arrive. It says that the orders arrived in canada on Dec.11th when I track them but that means that they have been in Canada for a month almost. What is taking so long?! It's never taken this long before. I'm on East Coast Canada.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

if your order is past the expected delivery date, then ask the seller for a refund, do not accept an offer to resend the item,, take the refund and buy the item again,  and once your item does show up , even if it is late, do the right thing and re pay your seller,

They can't be held responsible for late delivery, that is the postal system, and customs' agents that delay items..

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I wouldn't hold them accountable, just wondering how long other people may have had to wait.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Wait for items from China? Up to and including four to six months. Don't wait past your 180-days of buyer Protection though paypal which starts at moment of payment.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It says that the orders arrived in canada on Dec.11th when I track them

Do you mean you checked on the Canada Post tracking service?

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e2s1

You could try phoning Canada Post 's service centre. Sometimes that shakes things loose.

China pays very little to other countries for delivering international parties. It's been a Big Deal for some time at the Universal Postal Union, but is slowly being sorted out.

Basically because Western postal systems began to 'work to rule' on low value / untracked shipments from China.

However, shipments with enough value to be tracked are not usually slowed down.

It is possible it has been caught up in the Christmas rush.

At least if the shipment shows that it has been received by Canada Post, we can be fairly sure that the seller sent something. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ask for a refund and don't buy anything with free shipping from China. Canada post will most likely NOT deliver packages that come from China unless they have a tracking number (extra cost). It costs Canada Post millions to process the thousands of items that come in from China for free, and they don't have a reciprocal delivery agreement on the free stuff, only on the paid, tracked items.

The problem is, 90% of the Chinese sellers so not offer any other type of shipping other than free. Because they have a heavily subsidized postal system for free **bleep**. They actually should NOT be allowed to sell on eBay unless they offer a means to get the packages to us here in Canada with a tracking number. 

Most of the time folks won't bother chasing down $3 items, and the sellers know this.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

"Canada post will most likely NOT deliver packages that come from China unless they have a tracking number (extra cost). It costs Canada Post millions to process the thousands of items that come in from China for free, and they don't have a reciprocal delivery agreement on the free stuff, only on the paid, tracked items."

That's not entirely correct. The international lettermail or untracked light packets are held until the pass border inspection to screen for illicit materials such as drugs and then join the mailstream when there is room within it without overcrowding parcels with delivery standards to meet. In other words, the first priority is Customs inspection which can cause delays of weeks, and the second step is a low priority because someone's untracked lettermail has no delivery guarantee associated with it. If I, as a sender, pay $75 in postage alone to ensure Canada Post delivers my international parcel within eight business days or less (or my money back) it would be poor business sense to deliver anything but those guaranteed-delivery-date parcels first.

In other words, those untracked lettermail packages get stuffed in wherever and whenever they fit. Room is not made for them, they are the lowest level of importance on the postal scale of delivery speed.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

That's the thing though. It shows that it arrived in Canada on Dec.11th through China-post tracking but when I look up on Canada post it shows that they haven't received it yet. Is China-post tracking legit?
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I was sent a tracking number in a e-mail though.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

<<I was sent a tracking number in a e-mail though.>>

Does it work?
Where was your parcel last recorded?
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

It works through China post but that's it.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

China Post tracking is indeed legitimate but REGISTERED mail is untracked once it leaves its country of origin and enters Canada.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

but when I look up on Canada post it shows that they haven't received it yet.

The good news is, that the seller did send something (and probably the right thing) and it will probably arrive.

Make the phone call.

1-800-267-1177

You can find your 8-digit Reference Number on your order confirmation or expiry notice email, post office Service Summary or receipt. You may also contact Customer Service at 1-800-267-1177 to retrieve your reference number.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply