Stupid shipping rates

da-55344
Community Member

I am never buying another item until you fix the retar5ded shipping rates?  I don't understand why everyone gouges on shipping. I spent thousands of dollars on Amazon for chrismas gifts and NOTHING on ebay. I don't understand such greed. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eBay IS NOT Amazon... and  unless you are also a seller & ship a multitude of items you have NO idea  of the actual cost of shipping items these days...

marnotom!
Community Member

It's tough to fix a problem without knowing more details about the problem.

Are you trying to buy from Canadian sellers or sellers from outside of Canada?  Shipping rates have gone up considerably in the past few years, but shipping rates from the US have seen an especially steep increase.

I don't think it's "greed" on sellers' parts that you're seeing.  Many eBay sellers don't have access to super-discounted shipping the way a mega-online-retailer would.  An example of what you're seeing would help us make more informed responses.

Shipping rates can't be "fixed" as you say since it is not eBay but each individual seller who can decide the shipping rates/service. As others have said you haven't been specific with examples but it is possible you are looking at US sellers who use eBay's International shipping since they wouldn't ship to Canada otherwise and you are paying shipping twice - to eBay's shipping hub in the US then from them to you, along with any duties/taxes that may apply.

Perhaps you don't know what shipping actually costs?

Try putting the approximate weights and dimensions into these charts.

For Canada the postal code K1A 0A6 and for the USA the zipcode 90210 may be useful.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools/find-a-rate.page

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

From these you will be able to see that basic postage for a Regular Parcel in Canada starts at $12 or so.

From the USA,  First Class Tracked International Parcel starts around $20USD.

As a side note, Canada Post is not only self-supporting, as is the USPS, but any profits are turned over to the Canadian Treasury, reducing your taxes just a little.

Amazon's profits go to Jeff Bezos.