What do I do if a seller refuses to honor their warranty?

I bought an item a year ago with a lifetime warranty (as stated on their ebay product page).

I contacted them as my product has broken due to manufacturer defect.

They say they have no record of my purchase, and that they need my "order owner id".  I asked for clarification, and said I could send a copy of the receipt, if that would help, and they sent this:

------------

For the security reason, and it is legal requirement, we can only talk to order owner. You need to use the order owner ID to contact us. Otherwise we will not response any email
Thanks for understanding

-----------

I replied again asking for clarification, and they refuse to respond...

Ebay Buyer Protection no longer applies, but the warranty is stated on their ebay page.

What can I do??

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go to your Purchase History -- http://www.ebay.ca/myb/PurchaseHistory?

Select 2016 or 2015 to view your order.

Underneath the title for the order you will see a 12 digit number in brackets -- this will be your order ID.

If it's older than 2015 you will have to look it up on paypal (the eBay transaction number will be with the details).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

my product has broken due to manufacturer defect.

Contact the manufacturer.

You did send in the warranty card to the manufacturer right?

Many manufacturer's will not honour warranties when the seller is not an authorized dealer (which many online sellers -not just eBay sellers- are not) because they have no papertrail that shows the proper handling of the product.

But even if you bought it at Sears, you would be returning it to the manufacturer.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It's actually the manufacturer's official eBay store.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply