What do I do if something arrives very late, after I have already got a refund?

I live in Canada and have just ordered more than 20 small parcels from China. What do I do if one (or more!) of them doesn't arrive within a couple of months, and I get a refund for it, and then it arrives? I would contact the seller, but I'm not sure of what should happen then. Anybody know? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I am also in Canada and I normally just repay the seller through paypal as with my experience the mail system is so unreliable, they have actually lost parcels on me, the only reason I knew was because I got delivery notices and when I went to pick them up they were nowhere to be found. I feel if you receive what you originally paid for regardless of how long later the seller deserves to be paid. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You can use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

Include the Paypal and/or eBay transaction number as a kindness to the seller's bookkeeper.

If you are having problems with your Postal Outlet losing your parcels, when the Canada Post carrier has left a delivery notice, you should be dropping in to the actual Post Office and speaking with the PostMaster.
This is either incompetence on the part of the Postal Outlet staff (who are not Canada Post employees by the way), or on the part of the carrier.
Worst case scenario is theft by someone in the postal outlet.
The PostMaster will want to know, even if your items are low value. Because other stuff may be disappearing too.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am also in Canada and I normally just repay the seller through paypal as with my experience the mail system is so unreliable, they have actually lost parcels on me, the only reason I knew was because I got delivery notices and when I went to pick them up they were nowhere to be found. I feel if you receive what you originally paid for regardless of how long later the seller deserves to be paid. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You can use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

Include the Paypal and/or eBay transaction number as a kindness to the seller's bookkeeper.

If you are having problems with your Postal Outlet losing your parcels, when the Canada Post carrier has left a delivery notice, you should be dropping in to the actual Post Office and speaking with the PostMaster.
This is either incompetence on the part of the Postal Outlet staff (who are not Canada Post employees by the way), or on the part of the carrier.
Worst case scenario is theft by someone in the postal outlet.
The PostMaster will want to know, even if your items are low value. Because other stuff may be disappearing too.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have no idea why the layout on that response is so strange.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Oh, I didn't mean that I wouldn't get the money to the seller - I just wasn't sure how to do it! Do you just pay for the item again, and tell them not to ship it (again)?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps thanks for the suggestion, but I already took care of it appropriately I visited the postal outlet and also made a report with the main postal services, so even though I got a refund from the seller the postal services also apparently they refund the seller if the seller contacts them with the number i was provided to pass along
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ah I see, I wasn't sure the first time either I had to have a seller guide me lol ,as reallynicestamps said through your paypal, you can make a payment just by getting the email address from your seller and sending it that way. I also couldn't find the transaction ID mentioned as I expected it to be provided within the transaction but it was not, but I found it when I looked at my activity afterwards.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply