Why does my item sit for so many days at the global shipping Centre in Kentucky?

darceca
Community Member

My item was moving along very quickly until it reached the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.  How long can I expect it to sit there until it starts moving again.  It was doing very nicely until it reached this centre.  My seller started the process nice and quickly because I was going on vacation and was hoping to receive the purchase before I but the situation is looking hopeless now. It moves though 3 cities in a couple of days but has been at the shipping center now for 4 days.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Why does my item sit for so many days at the global shipping Centre in Kentucky?

You do know that July 4th is some sort of national holiday in the States right?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did you offer to pay for the fastest possible method of postage from the USA to Canada? If not, you cannot be disappointed it got hung-up at the GSP plant in Kentucky for their stat holiday. If you need something fast, truly fast, a courier is the way to go, not the postal system. UPS or FedEx can get stuff into Canada overnight from the USA but you pay dearly and import taxes and a brokerage fee to boot. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As I understand it, the parcel gets assigned a different tracking number once it leaves the GSP center. eBay's tracking for GSP can get a bit flaky.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You do know that July 4th is some sort of national holiday in the States right?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did you offer to pay for the fastest possible method of postage from the USA to Canada? If not, you cannot be disappointed it got hung-up at the GSP plant in Kentucky for their stat holiday. If you need something fast, truly fast, a courier is the way to go, not the postal system. UPS or FedEx can get stuff into Canada overnight from the USA but you pay dearly and import taxes and a brokerage fee to boot. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As I understand it, the parcel gets assigned a different tracking number once it leaves the GSP center. eBay's tracking for GSP can get a bit flaky.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes. As it moved well on Sunday, our holiday and was sitting several days after your
holiday. Perhaps too much partying. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There only seemed to be one option on this one. Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply