ebay says too late to file dispute resolution even though it says last day is today?

Vendor keeps stalling and I would like to file a dispute resolution. Instead I have message stating 45 days is up today March 18 and I can't file.  Today is last day but will not allow me to proceed

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ebay says too late to file dispute resolution even though it says last day is today?

The claim period is 45 days exactly

That is 45 days to the second.

So if the transaction took place at 11:17 am and 32 seconds then the 45 days is up at 11.17am and 32 seconds

If it is for at item you did not receive and you funded the transaction by credit card telephone the customer service number on the back of the card and ask to do a charge back.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The claim period is 45 days exactly

That is 45 days to the second.

So if the transaction took place at 11:17 am and 32 seconds then the 45 days is up at 11.17am and 32 seconds

If it is for at item you did not receive and you funded the transaction by credit card telephone the customer service number on the back of the card and ask to do a charge back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

eBay does not appear to care and the reporting system has not worked for some time so you can't even file a complaint.

You will likely be flamed by trolls, as I was, when asking for help.

PayPal will not help because eBay is supposed to but eBay will not help because the resolution center is broken.

Unless the seller voluntarily refunds you using the provided eBay mechanism, like they are supposed to, your only recourse is to ask your Credit Card company to do a charge back.

I tried asking when the resolution center's Violation Reporting system would be working and got flamed by trolls only interested in insulting me for being ripped off in the first place.

Expect NO ACTUAL HELP from eBay or most people responding to to post. The only thing eBay did for my post was moderate it to remove the sellers name and tell me I was not allowed to indicate who was ripping me off.

Call your credit Card company and don't wast anymore time asking for help, it is likely not worth the aggravation.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply