package torn, no product, don't know which item

I bought about 8 things all in one day. One item came in, package torn, and the product missing.

I don't know which item it is, and none of the shipper information matches up with any of the sellers, so i don't know which one is missing to report. I don't want to wait until the remainder of items arrive before processing my claim.

Is there any way to figure out which item this is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Your addresses and names might not match but that ID number could correlate to the 'false tracking' number on one of your Purchase History items, no? That 'tracking' number might be the thing you can match somewhere, or at least that's what I'd try. I order from China once per year to remind myself the reason I don't order from China and the last time was 'tracking' number was an ID number that looked the one(s) you've cited. Even if your seller is a dropshipper they need themselves to correlate their incoming orders with outgoing products. 

marnotom!
Community Member

@nickbuchanan wrote:

I doubt it. I don't order from elsewhere. It also says lamp on the package, and i had ordered bicycle lights.

it says FROM: 10003275, ID 18053039309822CN, untracked UE143441317CN, plus the address and phone number

Okay, well, we can figure out that the item was shipped from China from the "CN" prefix used.  Whether the seller was actually from China or just getting stock shipped from China is an unknown at this point.

For what it's worth, "lamp" is a perfectly acceptable Chinglish translation for "bicycle light" in my books.  After all, we do refer to "headlamps" sometimes.

Did you order seven other bicycles lights (or similar items) or just one?

In addition to your coverage by the Buyer Protection Program, Canada Post would also be able to help a little.

Was the package marked in any way that tells you where and how it was damaged.

Canada Post usually has a note apologizing and the package itself is bagged in plastic.

If those are missing neither your seller nor Canada Post had anything to do with your loss.

You have been the victim of a porch thief.

The damaged parcel should be reported to the local Post Office (not the postal outlet in back of the drug store) and to your local police.

While neither may be able to do anything for you, the records made will help both in building a case and perhaps identifying suspects.

You don't have  a claim.

The item was delivered. It was then stolen. Neither Canada Post nor the seller is responsible for a random thief.

If it came from China, and you cannot read the return address, post a  picture of it. One of the members posting here may read Chinese. But still.... not the seller's responsibility.

This coin would've been lost had it worn it's way out further., and I wouldn't have received my item.

I stand by my statement.

When Canada Post (including carriers) find a damaged parcel in the mail stream, they make sure that the damage is noted before delivery.

If that didn't happen, then everyone along the way (including the carrier) was negligent.

Yes, it might have been poor packaging, but someone should have seen and marked it.

On the other hand, porch thieves (including family members and housemates, btw) are in my opinion more likely than an unacknowledged loss in transit.

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Porch thief", "The item was delivered. It was then stolen"

How do you know that?

Last week, I received an envelope in my mail box (I don't have a porch), with a coin hanging a 3rd out of one worn side.

Very poor packaging on the seller's part.

This coin would've been lost had it worn it's way out further., and I wouldn't have received my item.

Kudos to my mail carrier.

On 2 previous occasions in the past 4 years, I received envelopes that were torn just enough to remove the coin(s) inside. They were Canada Post mail. Nobody else handled them.

I believe that if the items were packaged more securely there'd have been less opportunity or temptation.

As for who may be responsible for their disappearance, I'll leave that determination to the cynics and doubters.

It's not my responsibility to ensure receipt of my purchases, and I've always been reimbursed.

marnotom!
Community Member

@nickbuchanan wrote:

I don't know which item it is, and none of the shipper information matches up with any of the sellers, so i don't know which one is missing to report. 

Thanks for your comment in response to my earlier question.  What do you get when you trace the shipper information on the package?  Does it lead to somewhere that could have handled your item, whatever it is?  Is there a tracking number on the shipping label?

Another angle:  Could this item have been something you purchased somewhere other than eBay?

Do the reverse.... Look at what was received and then the return addresses on the received parcels...

and then you should find out what should have been in the  damaged parcel and  the information that should have been on the damaged parcel.

If you plan to continue to buy on-line... then the use of Canada Post Flex Delivery is a valuable  option

Link to 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.page?murl|pdn|...

marnotom!
Community Member

@nickbuchanan wrote:

I don't know which item it is, and none of the shipper information matches up with any of the sellers, so i don't know which one is missing to report.

Does the return address state anything about Pitney Bowes in Mississauga, Ontario?  Is there an eBay sticker on the package stating it was resealed by the Global Shipping Program?