possible shill bidding doubt...

sniper1450
Community Member

hi there , i wish to know the consequenses behind behind the process of contacting ebay for reporting a seller ''for possible shill bidding' . I wish to know the risk by contacting the ebay staff for a''possible'' treat, and i dont neter wish to cause trouble to a seller who in fact act as a good seller .... Can you help me out to see clearer . in fact i didn't beeing frauded but , i a several good reason  to  doubt about reporting and the seller got the ribbon ''power seller'' so ,,, maybe im just to much suspicious but your answer will be appreciate , Im not a pro ebayer , i consider myself as a rookie , but still got good judjement,,,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi .. Shill is very difficult to detect with anonymous bidding.  A shill account does not want to win and may have lots of retractions.

Report and ebay will investigate. A top rated seller , unlikely but anything is possible..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

eBay is policed by the membership, so no, there are no repercussions in having eBay look at a auction for you, and none for the seller,  if they are found to be without fault.

BTW Sellers do not shill bid...

Buyers do the bidding.

Sellers do the selling.

]:)