seller claim that winning item was delivered but it was delivered to a wrong address in US.I

Hello there

I had been buying and selling on ebay since 2003. I had something really weird happened to my purchase from a US seller with 105 positive 100% feedback since 2001. I had bought a used google pixel xl phone from this seller in US

The seller asked me today whether I had received the item today. I told him I had not received the item yet. He told that it was delivered successfully in US via UPS. However, I never instruct the seller ship to US because my designated shipping address is in Canada.

What should I do now ??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

seller claim that winning item was delivered but it was delivered to a wrong address in US.I

Look back at the original listing.

Is there a note under the selling price that says:

Customs services and international tracking provided ??

Your seller used the Global Shipping Program.

The US address will be in Erlanger Kentucky.

While it was there (usually only overnight at most) the GSP took care of processing your purchase for import fees* (possibly duty almost certainly Sales taxes).

Then it goes onto another truck and is shipped with thousands of others to Canada.

Meanwhile thousands of others are loaded into containers headed for Germany, Australia, Romania, or anywhere else in the world.

*If your purchase was over $20 Cdn or ~$16USD.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Look back at the original listing.

Is there a note under the selling price that says:

Customs services and international tracking provided ??

Your seller used the Global Shipping Program.

The US address will be in Erlanger Kentucky.

While it was there (usually only overnight at most) the GSP took care of processing your purchase for import fees* (possibly duty almost certainly Sales taxes).

Then it goes onto another truck and is shipped with thousands of others to Canada.

Meanwhile thousands of others are loaded into containers headed for Germany, Australia, Romania, or anywhere else in the world.

*If your purchase was over $20 Cdn or ~$16USD.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

But the seller told me he didn't use the Global Shipping Program this time and ship directly by UPS to me to the wrong address.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"But the seller told me he didn't use the Global Shipping Program this time and ship directly by UPS to me to the wrong address."
If that is true, then you need to open an Item-Not-Received (INR) case on eBay. This is available as a choice in the 30 days after last estimated delivery date. Look at your transaction details.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What is the wrong address? Is it in Erlanger KY?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Open an item not received case with ebay. Ebay will take the money out of the sellers paypal account and give it back to you.

Now the cool thing about this is, if you do happen to receive the phone at some later date, you can continue claiming that you never received it, and you can pocket both the phone and the money!

Ebay makes it SOOOOOOOO EASY to do this. It is very very hard not to do it.

Ebay protects their buyers. However when it comes to sellers, ebay treats their sellers like garbage, and then charges them crazy selling fees! It is amazing how people actually still sell stuff on ebay.

I quit selling a few years ago after being a top-rated seller for more than a decade. I actually make more money now selling my stuff on various other FREE platforms. As a matter of fact, simply throwing an item in the trash yields more profit than selling it on ebay.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply