seller not responding

I purchased an item and paid. A week later the payment had not been accepted so I cancelled as I thought some fraud was going on because the seller did not respond to any of my messages. Now I have an unpaid item and the seller is still not responding. What can I do as I can not cancel the transaction until the seller responds?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

seller not responding

Don't panic.

The Unpaid Item is just that. A note about the current state of the transaction.

What might worry you is an Unpaid Item DISPUTE, which is what you are faced with IF the seller opens one.

And in a way, that would be a Response. Right?

Now if he opened a Dispute (and he hasn't) you would get a notice.

You could then pay, he could ship, you would receive it and leave appropriate feedback if you felt like it.

There would be no repercussions on you.

If he did open a Dispute, and you paid (again) (undoubtedly gritting your teeth) and he shipped something that was not satisfactory (broken , wrong colour, a dead mouse) you could then open an Item Not As Described Dispute of your own and he would be required to send you return postage and when the item shows as being back with him, refund you.

But that is unlikely.

What has probably happened is that he decided not to complete the transaction and foolishly decided to do it by ignoring you and your payment and your attempts to communicate.

Annoyingly the unpaid item will hang around on your Items Purchased page for about 90 days. But it's an annoyance not a problem.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply