A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Welcome to a place where Christ should be exalted and "Self" should be abased!!

Welcome to a place where the BIBLE can be discussed rationally, intelligently, and positively without unnecessary argument!!

Welcome to a place where prayer can be requested and encouraged!!

Welcome to a place where positive and encouraging thoughts from scripture can be shared in a caring and loving way!!

Welcome to a place away from all the arguments, recriminations, and negativity of the outside world!!

Welcome to a place of rest and safety!!

Welcome to a place where Philippians 2:3 is practiced: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Welcome to this Christian thread.

(Please leave all aggression, bitterness, and philosophy outside the door and please wipe your feet before coming inside!!)

I live in my own little world. But it's OK... They know me Here!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Eph.6:10-17.
Message 1 of 5,136
latest reply
5,135 REPLIES 5,135

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

themagicoftime
Community Member
Hi nikki
(((((HUGS))))) to you as well. This evening as I relflect on all the problems and sorrows of the world I am most comforted at the thought that God is still in control. Those of us who know and understand that we are truly in the final days it is most comforting to know that God is in controll. He wishes us to stay the cource...to love when we are not loved ... to proclaim His sweet message... to stand in the gap....may we all stand even when all hope seems to persish.... wHAT he has promised will come to pass.
Was tlking to DS this evening on this very thing....
God will full fill all His promises or He is not God....
the world is crasy and it has gone mad...no sane preson could cnclude other wise....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1961 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Andrew--that is good news on your FIL--hope he has a speedy recovery. Sorry, I meant to say that in my previous post.

I look at the world my grandchildren will inherit, and some days it makes me very sad--but then someone unexpectedly does something so wonderful, I still have hope for the human race.

Some of the things that give me hope--a couple of months ago--how could I know you would post your beautiful poetry on this board? A year ago, I didn't know the beautiful women who post on this board would be in my life--one not a Christian, but likes to give us support. That posters would take time out of their busy lives to post Scripture, prayers and humour for us to take in to our days. I'm feeling pretty blessed tonight thinking about it.

Good night to everyone and sleep well. God bless.
Message 1962 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
How very true! I don't post here on a regular basis but when I'm just passing through here for a quick look, I almost always find something to inspire me and to give me the courage to continue plodding ahead through the dark days .... sooner or later, the light always comes back out to shine.
Message 1963 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”- John 10:28-30

The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn
(Ralph Stanley)

The sun is slowly sinkin'
The day's almost gone
Still darkness falls around us
And we must journey on
The darkest hour is just before dawn
The narrow way leads home
Lay down your soul at Jesus' feet
Like a shepherd out on the mountain

A-watchin' the sheep down below
He's coming back to claim us
Will you be ready to go
The narrow way leads home
Lay down your soul
Let Jesus in

---------------
The implications of current events is scary - yet not really to me as a Christian because, yes, Andrew. . .God is very much in control. Things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better. It's not doom & gloom when you know it means His return is nearing.

------------------------
Redemption Drawth Nigh

Years of time have come and gone,
since I first heard it told
How Jesus would come again one day
But back then it seemed to real that I just can't help but feel how much closer His coming is today.

signs of the time are everywhere
There's a brand new feeling in the air.
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
Lift up your heads, redemption drawth nigh.

------------------------
I love that song!! . . . sorry 🙂 !! I am into the hymns/songs tonite - how can you tell I'm preparing my music for tomorrow!!
Life is like a piano . . .what you get out of it depends on how you play it.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 1964 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Thanks Nellie, that's a truly beautiful poem! :-x

P.S.: Have you had the time to read "The Return of the Ragpicker" yet? I think you'll like when you do.
Message 1965 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
No, Lucie, I haven't. I plan to when I go to Winnipeg. I've got this pile of books I'm taking with me. I really did enjoy The Greatest Miracle. . .I read it to hubby during our road closure-mud&snow-capade coming back from Alberta. It's what I call captive audience!! :)) He enjoyed it too.
Life is like a piano . . .what you get out of it depends on how you play it.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 1966 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member
Good Morning.......:-x

~~~~~

A Sunday School class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was.
Susie raised her hand and shouted out, "Thou shall not take the covers off they neighbor's wife." ;-)

Photobucket
Message 1967 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

midlife*mom
Community Member
Good morning all! 🙂

Andrew...:-x Your poetry so touches my heart, perhaps because we share the same mighty Inspiration. 😉 Please keep posting them...I will be looking for more inspiration when I start my new job. :^O

--- Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing. 🙂
Message 1968 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 1969 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

ankrilwainmoil
Community Member
Hello! What a beauiful, blessed day!
Message 1970 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

midlife*mom
Community Member
Amen, April! Enjoy it! 🙂

--- Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing. 🙂
Message 1971 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member
Good Morning.....this will never do.....got to get this thread bumped to the first page.....:-D

Photobucket
Message 1972 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

Photobucket
Message 1973 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

Photobucket
Message 1974 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

Photobucket
Message 1975 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

Photobucket
Message 1976 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member
There, now I'm happy!!!!!:-x

Casey asked her Sunday school teacher a question: "If the people of Israel are Israelites, and the people of Canann are Canannites, are the people of Paris called Parasites?"

Photobucket
Message 1977 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

midlife*mom
Community Member
Good Morning! 🙂
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!

This is funny if not a little twisted...

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/life/life.htm

Message 1978 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member
Julie:-x I e-mailed that to myself.....thank you....Did you put that together? Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!:-x

Photobucket
Message 1979 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

midlife*mom
Community Member
(((SHIRLEY))) :-x

Glad you liked it. Got it in my inbox today from another silly Christian friend. Funny, but still a lot of truth in some of those, eh?! :^O

Message 1980 of 5,136
latest reply