A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Welcome to a place where Christ should be exalted and "Self" should be abased!!

Welcome to a place where the BIBLE can be discussed rationally, intelligently, and positively without unnecessary argument!!

Welcome to a place where prayer can be requested and encouraged!!

Welcome to a place where positive and encouraging thoughts from scripture can be shared in a caring and loving way!!

Welcome to a place away from all the arguments, recriminations, and negativity of the outside world!!

Welcome to a place of rest and safety!!

Welcome to a place where Philippians 2:3 is practiced: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Welcome to this Christian thread.

(Please leave all aggression, bitterness, and philosophy outside the door and please wipe your feet before coming inside!!)

I live in my own little world. But it's OK... They know me Here!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Eph.6:10-17.
Message 1 of 5,136
latest reply
5,135 REPLIES 5,135

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

the*catacomb
Community Member
courage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before your god you cannot say I was told by others to do thus, or that virtue was not convenient at that time.

This will not suffice……… Remember that.
Message 41 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Faith

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Message 42 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Praying for ((((Julie)))). I pray you are enjoying your family tonight, and both your MIL and DD are both well on the way to recovery.
Message 43 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Love and Hope

Photobucket

Message 44 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my friends to keep... Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.geocities.com/ebaypets/contestrules.html
Photobucket
Message 45 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
#13 - LOL!!! Guess one has to always check for themselves. I usually check snopes.com on any of this forwarded things, but I received this one from someone who regularly nixes every deserving forwarded e-mail whenever she's among the recipients. I just figured she had checked the story out - it came complete with pictures and everything - just goes to show you can't believe everything from the internet!!! Hah!!! Well, another story bites the dust from my saved folder!!!

Well, good-nite now - can't seem to keep my eyes open tonight again.

Oh I neglected to say, thanks Tom, for carrying on the torch.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then there will be peace.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 46 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Ali, that animal has hands like a litle baby !! Bob
"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
Message 47 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Apollo and Rocky both have very adept fingers. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.geocities.com/ebaypets/contestrules.html
Photobucket
Message 48 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

kelkel0_3
Community Member
Hi
I just love the poem, and hope all that think Christians are high and mighty might look at it and have a better understanding, and know that we as Christian know this poem to be true.
I would like to share a miracle that happened in my life.
In 2001 my beloved father died, he was the love of my life, i would have died for him, that is how strong my bond was with him.
I was pregnant with my daughter and pretty angry with God , I thought "how could he take my Dad from me, and deny him the chance to see his baby have a baby?
My Dad a staunch NON-believer, myself a lost lamb, but I never gave up on God, just a strayed for awhile until this happened.
My dad very sick and dying gets a new roomie in his hospital room- nice man, but low and behold he is a Pastor, of course my Dad just rolls his eye's at him on a daily basis and won't talk to him, the pastor doesn't push, but he and I become friends over the course of a couple of months, one day the hospital calls and says you must come right away, so off i go waddling there with my pregnant body, and Pastor Sture is sitting outside my Dad's room reading the bible, and i said to him What are you doing ?, he said i was told to come and be with your father (he had mived out of the room a few days prior), my heart sank!!, i went into the room, and my Daddy looked at me and took a deep breath and passed away.
Very emotional for me right now to put this in words, but i will make it short.
i waited for the nurses and all the things that go along with it.
I went to Pastor's room and told him my Dad had died, and he said " I know" but what he shared with me after that made my heart sing, he said over the course of the previous week, my Dad had begun to respond to him, and the night before he died he had taken Jesus in his heart and was born again!, for those who believe this very important.
I now know my beloved Dad has gone to heaven, and I will see again, this was a miracle.. what were the chances of those two ending up together?, God put these 2 men together for a reason, to save one man's life and to help me on the journey of believeing again.
I still miss my Dad everyday, but I know in my heart he is happy and safe.
Message 49 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

kelkel I'm sorry for your loss but that is a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. Ralphie
Message 50 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Thank you sooooo much Kel!! :-x And welcome!!

Prayer request:

Could we please all pray for Lee whose charity auction was cancelled tonight.

It is possible that this action happened at the 11th hour because of malicious reporting. Sooooooooooo...

Could we also pray for any person who feels the need for this kind of attention. Let's pray for THEM! They need to know TRUE forgiveness!!

I'm off to work now.

Everybody have a great day !!! :-x

Remember to thank Him for all the blessings that we DO have!! 😄

Oh, and a 50 snipe! ;-)

Message 51 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
What? The charity auction was cancelled? Aaaawww, what a shame. I can't believe someone would be nasty enough to report that and I'm also really peeved with eBay for going ahead & removing it. How do they expect "community spirit" to thrive when they do something like this?

I'm not in the mood to pray right now after hearing news like this but will try to say one later for all involved and especially for Lee, who put so much time & effort into this.
Message 52 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

mybearsnme
Community Member
oh it's so nice to see this thread - I was trying to catch up on the one MLM started, but it went poof in the middle of my reading. So glad God doesn't go Poof.... Image hosting by Photobucket
Bear manager of SOOBEADOO's Farley cutest pet in bearland:
Photobucket
... I am now an official Polar Bear!
Message 53 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

mybearsnme
Community Member
Does anyone here believe in visions? I would like to share this....We have a fellow in our church (Salvation Army) who is terminally ill in hospital... this is the email I got about him...

"It was related to me that Art had a vision from God, with the following instructions:

That tomorrow morning, Saturday, before 10:00 a.m. , Art and those that who are concerned
for him,should write on their "Right Hand" the following passage from Isaiah Chapter 41 vrs 10,
the last part of the verse, which reads:

"I WILL UPHOLD THEE WITH THE RIGHT HAND OF MY RIGHTEOUSNESS"

and starting at 10:00 a.m. for a period of 24 hours, until Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. we should
continuously bring Art before the throne of God with our prayers.

I would also ask that each of you relay this message to all of your christian friends."

... I'm asking all my Christian friends here if they could do that. I'm a strong believer in prayer, and have had some miraculous prayers answered. God Bless you all. Image hosting by Photobucket
Bear manager of SOOBEADOO's Farley cutest pet in bearland:

Photobucket
... I am now an official Polar Bear!
Message 54 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
kelkel; Wow! Your story brought on the tears.

Bears, I've got it written on my right hand and will pray.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 55 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

guilsterthehiker
Community Member
God Bless Art !!

:-x

Message 56 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/

I wish you:
Smiles when sadness invades you.
Confidence when you have doubts.
Comfort when you need it most.
Friends to light up your life.
Rainbows to climb up to the heavens on.

Message 57 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
I love that one, Jane. 🙂

I'm speaking at church today - me is nervous! I'm not worried about what people will think of me - they are wonderful - I just want very much to give my message in a way that blesses them.

Message 58 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Thanks Jane, I always like watching that link too.

We'll be thinking of you today Laurie. I hope your message goes well. What sort of message is it?

Message 59 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
The pastor has asked me to speak of what God has done for me this past week - but to explain it so the congregation understands how and why it's a big deal.

I'm going to start out with some background info, how God spoke to me a few years ago. I listened and obeyed when He spoke in a way that was like lightning bolts - huge, vivid. But He also told me to do something... and He said it very quietly. I failed to recognize it back then. So part of it will be about obedience, that doing God's will is HARD WORK! , and also that He doesn't always speak through miracles and lightning bolts and that we need to look for Him and listen if we are to hear Him, that He is faithful - when I finally figured out what He'd told me 2 years ago and committed to do it (even though it means more hardship), some amazing things happened. Also, I'm speaking about the world's logic vs. God's logic. But I have limited time to do it and one of my personality flaws is my verbosity - and I tend to go off on tangents - so I'll be workin'! haha!

Thanks, Tom.

Message 60 of 5,136
latest reply