Boring Boards

This Discussion Board used to be great - lots of participants and lots of interest. Had to read through two or three pages a day. I learned a lot using the boards.  Now new content is half a page a day at best

And! They are boring.  Never mind the content - could they even be any blander - look at the colours: White and grey with a little blue.

c'est la vie

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Boring Boards

Actually, what this board needs is bots. I'm a Game of Thrones fan and when I get desperate for a fix, I head over to reddit to the Freefolk who have bots that are summoned by certain phrases. My favourite is Bobby B, a bot that spouts random lines of dialogue from King Robert who only lived through half of the first season but who was one of my favourite characters nonetheless. Everything the bot shouts is random, profane and appropriately inappropriate. 

We need that bot. Programmed to shout things whenever some innocent types a certain keyword. Think of the fun we would have. Especially on Global Shipping Program threads, or other topics that get repetitive. A bot that shouts whenever someone types, 'The Global Shipping Program is a scam!'

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

THAT'S A GOOD ONE.
---------
Bingo... that's it. A little less "descriptive" than the version I read but still made me chuckle.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

King Robert was also in The Full Monty.

A fine figure of a man.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Now....

Who would dare call this discussion... BORING  ? ? ? ? 

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

It sounds like you're suggesting a a bot with a variation of Tourettes? (And no offence intended to anyone out there with tourettes) Wouldn't that make it difficult to sleep if your computer started sounding off in the middle of the night due to a random GSP (Shhhhh) rant. I have a hard enough time getting a decent sleep!!Robot surprised

-CM

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Well that was great - but you better watch your self cumos55 you are turning into Pierre 

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

Well that was great - but you better watch your self cumos55 you are turning into Pierre 

Lets liven this up shall we.

The problem with these boards is the Ebay moderators.

9/10 times, they will not give a direct answer!

They interpret written policy the way they see fit even though it is against what is written.

They refuse to admit, when an Ebay glitch or whatever they call it, is almost never admitted to.

The Lithium moderators are even worse.

If Ebay would stop using the live site for all the so called updates, or down dates much of the time, give people honest answers to their questions (and not we will refer it to the appropriate team or we are not at liberty to tell you that), this board would be far less antagonistic and a lot more helpful.

Personally, the way it is going is people rant about things or even ask for help and answers are difficult to give as Ebay policy is an absolute mess to explain.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

deers are meanless.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

If one wants to un bore CTS boards then start a thread on politics, racism, pipelines, Kinder Morgan, CRA, global warming and the list goes on and on. Any topic you feel is controversial.

Never used to be a boring minute when you came here.   

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

People who know me in real life count on me to go where angels fear to tread: to say what needs to be said and ask the tough questions without fear or hesitation. and no one has ever accused me of backing down from a fight when I know what's right. That being said, I see no point in arguing for the sake of argument. If I wanted to pick a fight with someone, I'd turn around right now and ask my husband if he unloaded the dishwasher today. No stranger ever changed another stranger's mind on politics, racism, pipelines, Kinder Morgan, CRA or global warming by yelling at them online. That would be a waste of my precious time and energy. I don't get sucked into that quagmire. 

Message 30 of 35
latest reply

Fitness tip ... right after morning coffee I'm all over this asap.potato-bag-exercise.jpg

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@rosscd57 wrote:

Lets liven this up shall we.

The problem with these boards is the Ebay moderators.

9/10 times, they will not give a direct answer!

They interpret written policy the way they see fit even though it is against what is written.

They refuse to admit, when an Ebay glitch or whatever they call it, is almost never admitted to.

The Lithium moderators are even worse.

If Ebay would stop using the live site for all the so called updates, or down dates much of the time, give people honest answers to their questions (and not we will refer it to the appropriate team or we are not at liberty to tell you that), this board would be far less antagonistic and a lot more helpful.

Personally, the way it is going is people rant about things or even ask for help and answers are difficult to give as Ebay policy is an absolute mess to explain.

IT IS I, THE SOURCE OF ALL PROBLEMS

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

As Canadian eBay sellers all we really want is eBay to work as it should and when it doesn't problems to be resolved in a timely matter without doublespeak. It's difficult enough  when it appears the playing field between dot com and dot ca is tilted in one direction and then get new roadblocks(landmines) thrown in constantly.

-CM

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

cattle hormones.jpgDiscuss.

OK, I'll bite.  Looking at this chart, my only reaction is that it must have been prepared by beef industry propagandists (or else stunningly ignorant food scientists).  

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against beef.  Although soy flour, tofu, and beans have high levels of hormones (called "phytohormones"), they are distinct from animal hormones in the way they are handled by, and processed by, the human body.  In fact, phytohormones take up positions in cells that protect the cells from the damaging effects of an overload of cancer-causing hormones (primarily estrogen-related animal or chemical by-product hormones). 

Beef is the least of our worries.  Damaging estrogenic hormones exist in a myriad of forms and places in our modern lives -- they are pervasive and their danger mostly unrecognized because the industries that make them have a vested interest in ignorance.  Things such as almost all plastic containers, petroleum products of all kinds, even textiles are common sources.  Ever notice the odd smell emanating from polyester that's been stored for some time?  What your nose is sensing is the estrogenic off-gassing.  Ever wonder why it's called "polyester"?  From "poly" (many) "esters" (estrogenic compounds).  It's essentially a highly processed petroleum product, with all the estrogens that go with it.  

So in truth, the more plant-based estrogens you eat, the more insurance you get against all the other dangerous estrogenic compounds in our everyday environment and (to a much lesser extent) in animal-based foods.  The fact that certain plant sources are particularly high in phytoestrogens means they are especially protective (like beans).  The implication in this chart that all estrogens are equal is simply scientifically wrong.  BTW, all estrogens all not steroids either. 

Sorry for the long, expository post, but this sort of pseudo-scientific misinformation gets my goat.  So no, I'm not bored. 🙂

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Oh yes, and while I'm on the subject of hormones, we Canadians should be supporting our federal government in protecting our dairy industry, and fighting against U.S. dairy imports, no matter what Trump does.  American law permits growth hormone to be used on dairy cattle to artificially boost milk production, a practice that is banned in Canada.  Aside from ensuring our Canadian farmers can continue to make a living, allowing a flood of U.S. dairy products into our country will ultimately have health consequences, even if those may take decades to become manifest. 

At the very least, if the doors are opened to more U.S. milk and other dairy products, just don't buy them.  Your children will thank you for it in the future. 

Message 35 of 35
latest reply