No Returns Accepted??

snikrep2010
Community Member

I have been selling since 2000 and have always thought that returns must be accepted. Now I am seeing numerous listings stating no returns accepted. What is the ebay/paypal ruling on this?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No Returns Accepted??

I don't think they interfere as long as the product is as described and their return poicy is stated in the TOS.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

tobyshitzu
Community Member

you've never had to take returns. You have to resolve significantly not as described disputes

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

snikrep2010
Community Member

Well son of a gun! Learn something new every day. Thanks to both of you.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

No Returns

does not mean

No Refunds

as stated by eBay

Be careful with what you do and say in a dispute if  you have
"No Returns"

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

I started back selling after a few years off and wouldn't you know the very first sale wound up in a return which I approved June 13. As of this date the buyer has not returned the auction. My question is the time limit required to return the auction. Seems to me 45 business days sticks in my mind and the return is cancelled by eBay and the PP hold on my funds is released. Does anyone know the eBay policy and where I may stand on this one?

A Prayer:
Bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for. Show them a new revelation of love and power. Where there is pain, give them peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence. Where there is need, I ask their needs to be fulfilled. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. Amen
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

If the buyer hasn't uploaded the tracking number to show that the item has been sent back, the return will close automatically in approx. 30 business days. You can also phone ebay 5 business days after the return has been approved and ask them to close it since the item is not yet on its way. I always just wait till it closes on its own.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

Thanks PJ, do you know if the buyer as well as a tracking number is required to add (pay for) signature upon delivery? Without signature packages can be stolen off ones doorstep if no one home or left on the wrong doorstep. 

A Prayer:
Bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for. Show them a new revelation of love and power. Where there is pain, give them peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence. Where there is need, I ask their needs to be fulfilled. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. Amen
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No Returns Accepted??

@kmilton2p wrote:

... do you know if the buyer as well as a tracking number is required to add (pay for) signature upon delivery? Without signature packages can be stolen off ones doorstep if no one home or left on the wrong doorstep. 

Signature is not required unless the value is over $850.

Did you ask that it be returned with signature?

If you're worried about your door step then use Canada Post's free Flex Delivery service for the return address.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/fd/default.page?murl|pdn|nr|1702

-..-

Message 9 of 9
latest reply