Hst?

ryandvh
Community Member
What if we commit to purchase something today (June 29) but don’t pay until July 1 or 2, would we still hAve to pay HST on that item?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hst?

I don't know for sure, but I would think if you put something in your cart or commit to buy in June that would be the price you would pay since technically that was the amount you agreed to when you "committed".

My understanding is it takes affect July 1st so only on sales that happen after that time...if you bought today the sale would have today's date....at least I think. Makes me wonder about auctions where bid was placed end of June but ended after July 1st...in that case I think the taxes would be there. Anyone know for certain?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hst?

If you do this you may lose your purchase altogether.

EBay has an automated (but optional) Unpaid Item Cancellation programme that voids transactions and leaves the buyer with a Strike on his buying account.

Most sellers have automatic blocks against deadbeat bidders with Strikes.

If you attach a credit card to your Paypal account or pay directly with the card, you don't have to worry about waiting for payday. You can pay the seller immediately and pay off the card balance at your leisure.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply