Seller Tax Tables

devon@ebay  It's my understanding that tax tables are going to be reactivated on January 10th. We have (still) never gotten an answer regarding whether Canadian tax registered sellers should be deactivating them now that ebay is collecting the taxes, or whether that will screw something up internally with the paperwork.

What happens on the 10th if we still have the old tax tables up for Canada?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller Tax Tables

marnotom!
Community Member

What's your source for this info, @flipistics?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

It was from an email sent out by eBay for Business on June 24th. This is the important part:

Sellers with eBay sales tax tables will notice they are unable to utilize these tables on July 1, 2022. The fix to re-activate the seller tax tables will be on January 10, 2023.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

@flipistics wrote:

devon@ebay  It's my understanding that tax tables are going to be reactivated on January 10th. We have (still) never gotten an answer regarding whether Canadian tax registered sellers should be deactivating them now that ebay is collecting the taxes, or whether that will screw something up internally with the paperwork.

What happens on the 10th if we still have the old tax tables up for Canada?

Hi @flipistics! i have reached out to our Tax Team and I am waiting to see what updates we can provided on this. I will let you know once I hear back. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi @flipistics! i have reached out to our Tax Team and I am waiting to see what updates we can provided on this. I will let you know once I hear back. 

Thank you. Please try to light a fire under them, since this question has been asked multiple times over the last 6 months and we've never gotten an answer. If the tax tables really are being activated today like we were told they would be, it's rather time-sensitive.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

@flipistics wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Thank you. Please try to light a fire under them, since this question has been asked multiple times over the last 6 months and we've never gotten an answer. If the tax tables really are being activated today like we were told they would be, it's rather time-sensitive.

devon@ebayAny updates to this? All we really need to know is whether it's okay to disable the tax tables for those of us who are registered, or whether it will screw something up internally.

Part of the problem is also that for past 6 months it shows the seller's tax number on the listing even though ebay is collecting the taxes. If someone claiming taxes uses the wrong number (since the actual official receipt is hilariously hard to find), it's going to cause all kinds of problems.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

@flipistics wrote:

@flipistics wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebayAny updates to this? All we really need to know is whether it's okay to disable the tax tables for those of us who are registered, or whether it will screw something up internally.

Part of the problem is also that for past 6 months it shows the seller's tax number on the listing even though ebay is collecting the taxes. If someone claiming taxes uses the wrong number (since the actual official receipt is hilariously hard to find), it's going to cause all kinds of problems.

Hi @flipistics! I have not heard any updates on this yet. I do know that the correct team is looking into the dates on this and if there is any updates I can share once I hear back I will be sure to let you know.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Seller Tax Tables

phc64
Community Member

When eBay started collecting sales taxes on behalf of GST/HST registered sellers on July 1, 2022, I did not do anything with my tax tables, and I still haven't. I haven't noticed anything different happening with sales taxes on my sales since January 10, 2023. They are still being calculated correctly and being collected by eBay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply