Changes to Ebay.com boards

I picked this up on the Ebay.com boards and nothing is posted on Ebay at all.

Here is the link if anyone wants to read and discuss

http://community.ebay.com/t5/New-Community-Boards/New-Community-Boards/m-p/21290430

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It looks like there won't be any general social boards.

All boards will be for eBay or item specific discussions.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Wow, they really are cutting down on the number of boards they have there.  I do think that there were boards there that weren't used much (just like there are here) but they are taking out some of the busier category boards too.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

These changes have already been implemented in Germany in the past few weeks, no doubt the Canadian boards will get a do over as well.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What will also happen is hyper-vigilantism. You are either 100% on topic for that board or the post will be moved and you will be sanctioned.

This thread has nothing to do with selling. In the next phase, it will be moved and the OP punished.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

arlene_v
Community Member

I have spent many years posting to the eBay.com Jewelry and Gemstones Board.

Jewelry and gemstones (including fine jewelry) will now be on the "Fashion" Board, along with a hodge podge of various other categories. 

With so many boards being merged it's hard to imagine how this is going to work. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I agree, I can understand them deleting the boards that weren't often used and/or combining some of the boards but I think that combining popular boards that really are about different categories is not going to work well.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I've nowhere familiar to go back to post in .com land anymore it seems. At least there's still Canada Town Square a decade later here on .ca.

--
Bloggin' since before blog was a word.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply