Ever hear the nightmare stories of people with toy weapons being shot or attacked

Well I have seen it first hand and have hear many stories and seen 2 people get charged for having toy weapons....

Look at this list and read description and see the seller thinks it is an amazing and fun toy  and keep reading to see the profession this seller is in ...

Pretty stupid if and funny if you ask me

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ever hear the nightmare stories of people with toy weapons being shot or attacked

For years Kids have been playing with toy guns so I don't see how a toy stun gun can be any worse.

Bear in mind that this is in Arkansas where you can walk around with a real gun if you want.

No I do not approve of toy or real weapons

I am just putting this listing into context bearing in mind the culture and attitudes of the location where the seller resides.

The sellers location is an Incorporated City in the Ozarks with a population of less than 900 that operates their own two officer Police Force.

The seller also sells child pageant costumes.

That is something else I am opposed to it is however legal.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Ever hear the nightmare stories of people with toy weapons being shot or attacked

BTW I do see two listing violations.

The word TASER is used in the title when TASER is in fact a copyrighted brand name.

The seller also says you can contact them for bulk pricing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I don't see any issue with real weapons in Canada but in the US it is very different .. I personally have a nice gun collection  but as far as fake toy weapons they are ok if they are very very fake looking but you think if you pull out a yellow and black fake taser a cop is going to be able to tell from a distance....

I can tell you they won't .. I had 2 people growing get arrested for it ... All charges were dropped but both were in jail for the day and the one guy suffered a really bad head injury when the cops tackled him ....

This day and age I would not for one second want to have a real looking toy gun  or taser for any of my children I will stick to the super soakers 😉 ..

I just found it to be hilarious that it is a cop selling them

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I used to deal alot in vintage toy cap guns offline Most looked fake but it Got to the point I stopped because some  people were not recognizing that they were not real but toys

I would put them in display cases but always was asked why I was selling real guns 

Was coming back form a show one time and was driving on the 401 Highway  My load shifted in the back of the truck so pulled over to readjust it

Got that done got back in the the truck and looked back A OPP Cruiser had pulled up

Knew he was just checking to see if I was okay

As he apporached the truck I looked over at the passenger seat and realized I had about 25 cap guns in a box without a top

Realized Stupid Move on my Part should have packed them in the back of the truck

I quickley rolled down the window placed both my hands on the steering wheel

As he got to the window I could tell he was wondering what I was doing

I smiled at him said hello and then said I'm an Antique Dealer that deals in old toys and am coming back from a show.  Beside me I have a box of toy capguns.  I wanted you to know this right away  If you want me to I will get out of the truck and you can check them out

He looked chuckled and said no need to but thanks for telling me If you hadn't I would probably have  ordered you out very fast  Then said probably a good move to put these in the back away from sight

I agreed

Did this we talked for awhile and I went on my way

Lesson learned

Nothing wrong with me having them but silly move leaving them where they were

Wont repeat that again

weavers

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've started going to a fair number of science fiction conventions in the past few years.

Most have a Weapons Policy posted at the Registration Desk and also in the program book and on the Website.

Cosplayers (those crazy people* you see on tv news when they cover Comicon and the like) often have very realistic weapons and some even carry real blades -- especially the anime cosplayers who love those samurai swords.)

All cons insist that weapons have an obvious orange plug . And just ban the swords, batlle axes, maces, etc. outright.

And many will not allow the sale of blades in the Hucksters' Room on general principles.

* I cosplay Nanny Ogg of Discworld and Blue Hands from Firefly.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have especially any replica type toy. if it cannot be outwardly determined as a toy you run the risk of being charged for carrying a concealed weapon and carrying a replica for the purpose of deception........ at least it is that way in Canada.......or shot!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply