FEBRUARY 8 2017 Weekly Session WISH LIST

Once more, I am not an employee of ebay and I don't play one on TV.

It's been two months since ebay Canada held its last Weekly Session as a result of our point person, Raphael's, departure to a new position within ebay.com and I, like the rest of you, have been waiting patiently for a successor to be appointed so that we can resume open two-way communication with ebay Canada in Toronto.

I miss the Weekly Sessions. Therefore, I thought we might start a running list of issues we'd like to see addressed when a staff person is appointed to deal with us. Let's remember to keep it constructive, folks. Nothing below the belt.

This is what was left un-resolved form last week's post which can be found here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/FEBRUARY-1-2017-Weekly-Session-WISH-LIST/m-p/364...

• Statement from ebay Canada addressed to Canadian buyers and Chinese sellers about major delays in shipping time as a result of Customs examining lettermail for smuggled illicit drugs, and position statement for federal government to consider exerting pressure on the Chinse government to ban export of the drugs in question (mjwl2006)
  • Clarification from ebay on the actual Paypal Shipping discounts now available to ebay sellers. Recent Announcement made it seem as if the discounts had been altered http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/ (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on policy around banned buyers being allowed to create new accounts to circumvent seller blocks (dutchman48)
  • ebay Canada Promos giving conflicting messages to users, depending on who is trying to activate them. Saying 'expired' as opposed to 'we didn't invite you to this' (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on the process of ebay Canada's shipping partners Canada Post, Paypal Shipping about whether seller still receives funds from postal damage claims in order to refund the buyer, or if the process has changed so that CPC refunds the monies to Paypal Shipping only which does not have the infrastructure in place (apparently) to actually give that money back to the seller who purchased the postage label and/or insurance on the parcel. If this is the case, it is a major shift with serious implications for ebay Canada sellers. (vintage north)
  • Explanation and elaboration of the process ebay follows when dealing with 'bad' buyers who have been reported for fraud and/or theft (handbags vogue)

As we can all see, the list grows ever-longer as the weeks pass.

Hopefully, we will soon see the appointment of a person to take our concerns.

Anyone else with anything to add? Sometimes our discussions generate solutions to problems ourselves, so let's have a go at it.....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'll start. (Big surprise.)

Since I 'liked' ebay Canada on Facebook like a good little Canadian buyer and seller, I get posts in my newsfeed all the time. Some, like this one, merely annoy me. I *get* that most of us here are not humongous e-tailers but I'd like to know what it takes to reach the level where you get Deals like this all to yourself. I've looked at some of their 'featured' sellers and they're so new with so little actual feedback and/or product for sale, I have to wonder what process a seller goes through to be vetted for something like this. I, for example, have tonnes more stock in inventory than I have listed. What does a seller have to do to make contact with the ebay Deals people?

A transparent process for guided growth management as published by ebay would be appreciated. And if there is one, please point me in the right direction to read it.

I don't flatter myself that I'm at this 'Deals' level today but I could be next year or sooner. No? I'm sure I'm not alone in this. There are others among those Community sellers that come to mind.

image1.PNG

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I'd like to know what it takes to reach the level where you get Deals like this all to yourself. I've looked at some of their 'featured' sellers and they're so new with so little actual feedback and/or product for sale, I have to wonder what process a seller goes through to be vetted for something like this. I, for example, have tonnes more stock in inventory than I have listed. What does a seller have to do to make contact with the ebay Deals people?

It sounds like you are asking for an info page with a table or bar graph outlining what perks and services are available at what level, ie, what it takes to achieve a certain boon.  I don't know if such a thing would be made available but eBay must have one somewhere. 

I don't know who pays for an ad like that to appear wherever (I don't have facebook and don't know to what degree eBay and facebook might be intertwined, if at all), or if eBay pays for it or the seller.  Maybe eBay does and gets a percentage when a buyer clicks the link.  

I think some sellers get it because of volume, like this one here has over 2 Million sales (feedback for others) just in the US.  If a seller 'seems' to have a low score it could be that they have 'proven' themselves on another ID and being the same company, they are able to get these ads.  But it's a fair question and sellers ought to be offered a page where they an look these things up for themselves. 

newegg store.jpg

Not to mention that this company is listed in Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newegg

and is worth quite a bit, 

worth.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply